Sign in to follow this  

72 Electra For Sale 48K

Daily driver for sale. 72 Electra 4 door HT. Purchased from lady going into nursing home. Has currently 48K. 455/4V. Time capsule interior, decent body with some wear. Pans are rust free. Garage kept all it's life. No leaks. Medium blue metallic with painted white top. Interior darker blue clothe. Well maintained it's entire life but not perfect. $1750 OBO Call for details 515-999-2881, Bryan BCA 28571

I am located in Des Moines, Iowa. My email is abcmoran@quixnet.net I don't check this site every day, sorry. The motor is leaking oil now, which was kind of expected. It sat for so long and now is driven daily and I am using 5w20 oil for the winter. It still runs great and isn't leaking bad. I haven't bothered to verify source.

I would like to have the car. Ever since I sold my 72 Electra 225- I wish I had of kept it. Too bad this car is so far away.

Tony,

Thanks for the comment. I like this car too because I like old Buicks. It has good road manners even with bias ply tires. I have seen so many of these parted out for the drivetrains that I am always happy to see them at shows. I have never owned such a low mileage car, and I using it for reference- because everything else I buy is project level. This car is available for interesting trades, running or non running, of equal value range but would prefer sale due to number of cars I have already.

Do you have any photos of the car you can send me? I am currently considering a 1972 Pontiac Catalina Safari 3-seat wagon from Des Moines. I am guessing transport would be about $800-$1000. I still may be interested in car.

You might be close with the transport costs...enclosed trailor would probably be $800 to Tennessee. Open trailor - expect to pay half that.

www.dasautoshippers.com

Make sure that if you use this transport company to make it known that the car is extra long and it will need a specific enclosed trailor to get it around. It took them an extra 4 days to get my Centurion to me because they couldn't locate a trailor long enough.

Good luck!

I had my old 1969 Pontiac Safari wagon (same body style as the 1970 Buick Estate Wagon), which is a very large and heavy car, shipped from southern Missouri to eastern Tennessee for $395. It was on a open trailer, with $50K+ brand new Chevrolet trucks and SUVs. Car was shipped very fast and I thought the price was very reasonable.