First Timer Showing in DPC...

63RedBrier

Looks like things get off to an early start at 7am!  For planning purposes, approximately what time does the Chief Judge start releasing vehicles from the show field?  I'm guessing some time between 2 to 4pm?  Thanks!  Greg

1 hour ago, 1957Birdman said:

I believe the expectation is that cars will stay on the show field until 3 PM, although there are always a few scofflaws that leave earlier than that.

The Chief Judge traditionally releases vehicles at 3:00 plus it is well noted in the meet brochure.  IMO it was finally cracked down upon which is great considering all the hard work of hundreds of volunteers.  You can leave before 3:00 on the Hockersville Road exits "however" the officers at the exits will demand that you turn in your windshield judging card which will then be given to the judging committee to disqualify you from receiving trophies or whatever.

Thanks, Lew & Peter!  Not planning on leaving early!  Just wanted to figure out if I will have daylight to drive back to Virginia late Saturday afternoon or stay another night in PA and head back in the morning...

It depends on where in Virginia you are going whether you will be able to get home before dark. I drive down Rt. 15 to I-270 to get to my home in Rockville, MD. I get home before dark with no problem. My lights also work so I am not concerned if I leave later. If you are headed to the DC suburbs in Virginia you should be okay. Of course everything depends on traffic. Do your lights work?

Lew

Left Alexandria last night and arrived at my sister's @ 10:30 driving my 58 year old Greenbrier, lights work fine!  Took GW Parkway to 270 to 15, know the drive well.  Going to look at another Corvair on Saturday late afternoon near Lancaster, so I need to see THAT in the daylight!