SOLD- 1965 LX Dual Quad engine -COMPLETE REBUILD

lizotte

SOLD-I am selling the last 2 LX motors I have stashed.

This one is 95% done and I will add some more detailed pictures in next few days.

This SUPERWILDCAT motor was not decked and still retains LX code and other #s .Motor was completely rebuilt by Reichert Engines in Owosso, Mi.-Bill Reichert was 5 time World champion Top Alcohol Dragster.

Motor was hot tanked,bored 30 over withe new pistons,rod bearings,main bearings, cam,lifters,reconditioned rods,grind crankshaft, check line bore,new oil pump,heads were completely gone through -valve job, install guides,rebuild rocker assembly.Reichert assembled short block.Pistons and all other rebuild parts came from Carman Fasco of J and Cs in Buffalo Ny.I went with Cam Carmen recommended and is close to factory specs.

Did not go with performance cam.  N.O.S. - AC fuel filter,AC valve cover cap,AC air cleaner filter.The air cleaner  is unrestored and in EXCELLENT condition and retains it's original metal SUPERWILDCAT script and original acorn top nut.

NEW-water pump,fuel pump,clutch fan,plugs,wires,cap,rotor-Distributer has been completely rebuilt by Carmen Fasco with proper springs and weights for curve for Dual Quad motor.Has CORRECT hard to find AC bracket for buick script valve covers and kick down bracket and kick down switch..Carburetors are correct 1965 -3925  and 3645 - intake 1370316B.Also goes with motor is the correct BS coded transmission(they had different shifting points for dual quad motors). I can crate motor and drop off at shipper- I have used A.B.F  and they are throughout US and Canada and reasonable  -$400 to $600 (I have shipped these motors throughout US ,Canada, Australia )I can deliver for fee near or around  1000 miles.

I have redone around a dozen of these Superwildcat engines and this one and 1 more which I am 80% completed with will be the last.

I'm asking $12K for this motor with BS tranny.This motor has been built VERY WELL with quality parts and would be great piece for that SPECIAL BUICK or project. Mike L.  I'm in Flint,Michigan   ANY QUESTIONS feel free to ask.

20211002_213253.jpg

20211002_213500.jpg

20150103_173509.jpg

Edited by lizotte
Pictures (see edit history)
  • Like 2

No sonic test. Reichert Engines after hot tanking checks over block and heads before proceeding with build of motor.

With over a Dozen LX and KX engines they have rebuilt for me -haven't had any issues or problems with motors they've built for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • lizotte changed the title to SOLD- 1965 LX Dual Quad engine -COMPLETE REBUILD