The excitement is building for HERSHEY!!!!!!

Terry Bond

I've not ever seen the level of excitement  building like this for Hershey.  Maybe it's a little bit of everything including pandemic withdrawal, pent-up emotion, anticipation, wanting to do something that's "normal" again, missing the hobby, old friends, old cars, treasure hunting, or it could be just the numbers of people on the forums these days.  For sure, if the event lives up to all of our hopes, wishes, expectations, dreams, and whatever-it'll be one hell of a fantastic Hershey.  I'll see you all there! 

Don't worry if your Cajun French is rusty: "laissez les bon temps rouler" (pronounced "Lay-say le bon tom roo-lay") just means "let the good times roll."

Terry
  • Like 4

Terry.........talk to the weather man please.........he’s not predicting a washout by any means, but sunny and dry would be nice after missing last year.

• Like 2

I'm pricing all the stuff from the closed eBay listings. If they all sell for half price I'll be a very happy camper. I'm adding the too heavy to list on eBay stuff as well. Always great to move that stuff out of the way and see the 354 HEMI again. 

Bob 

Is it just me or is pricing all of this , getting it packed etc. a lot of hours and effort? then have someone ask if you can "do bedda" and want what you have marked for $20 for 70% off. I am weary already. I agree , I hope the weather is cooperative.

I've told this story before, guy shows up with a bunch of buddies, picks up something sees the price and offers close to nothing. I got it for FREE, and say SURE! The buddies double over knowing Mr. Lowball has to drag the piece of junk around for the rest of the day. Try it, it will put a smile on your face too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Walt G said:

Is it just me or is pricing all of this , getting it packed etc. a lot of hours and effort? then have someone ask if you can "do bedda" and want what you have marked for $20 for 70% off. I am weary already. I agree , I hope the weather is cooperative.

Yes, it's a LOT of hours and effort but it can be fun and rewarding.

If I get a fair offer I'm happy to make the deal, I'm there to sell after all, not just haul stuff up and down the road. I try to price things at or below what I think is a fair market value. I don't even mind other dealers picking my space and taking items back to their space to try and make a buck but when I have a $100 part priced for $80 and get a $40 offer I politely say "no thanks".  The guy that says "do bedda?" on a $20 item I might respond with "how about $25? You didn't say bedda for who!! 😁

• Like 2

Your last two sentences are what I was thinking , but I am sure the response would still be "I'll give yaz"  🙄

I have no issue with anyone who is wanting to resell what they may buy from me, Many times I think - can you make the same piece for what you want to offer me to pay for it. Answer of course is no.

On 10/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, Walt G said:

Your last two sentences are what I was thinking , but I am sure the response would still be "I'll give yaz"  🙄

I have no issue with anyone who is wanting to resell what they may buy from me, Many times I think - can you make the same piece for what you want to offer me to pay for it. Answer of course is no.

I'll give yaz $200 over your asking price if you have my drivers side mirror and bracket for my 30 Dodge ;) if that makes you feel better....

There are still plenty of horse traders who know when to pay up for a rare part. The ones that are low balling you are fools or bs artists just trying to make a quick buck themselves. I'd look at them and simply say two words "keep walkin"... and then I'd turn around, go sit down in my chair and relax. 

• Thanks 1