For Sale: 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham - "Rare opportunity, Fair condition" - Alvarado, TX - Not Mine - 10/15 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham 4-door Hardtop in Alvarado, TX  -  $37,500  -  Call or text Collin P Maher: 817 659 60 seven four

Link: https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/d/joshua-1957-cadillac-eldorado-brougham/7386159161.html

Seller's Description:

1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham 4-door Hardtop

• condition: fair
  • odometer: 63,833
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

A friend of mine has asked me to help him sell his 1957 dual quad Brougham for $37,500 OBO with title.

• This is a rare opportunity for a solid restoration candidate for a vehicle that had only a few hundred produced!!
  • The car is located in Alvarado TX.
  • This Cadillac is stated to retain is original engine, dual quads, air cleaner, full interior and is colored in the rare color option "Jamaican Green". Owner states that some of the suspension has been swapped over to springs rather than air ride. He says he has the parts needed to put the air ride back and will include them with the sale. Car will include the original air cleaner, visors, air tanks, replacement grill and horn system. All of which hold notable value just by themselves.
  • You can see the physical condition of the car where it pertains to rust and dents as shown in the pictures. The car is very very solid with the exception of some rust in the passenger front quarter and the dent in the front nose section that was repaired many years ago. Floor pans are solid along with the trunk pan.

The engine has had a bit of oil put into the cylinders and it will turn over with the bump of a key and a fresh battery but DOES NOT RUN.

image.png.397427617508406201e97776c07f21dd.png

image.png.106aea7f809fdbb6fed9267d94c50c1c.png

image.png.4f8f00071430f038c1f9a78de9d7ac41.png

image.png.3eb9b53c43c5e31c52d78294cad4ab56.png

image.png.0e87f815272dae97986af425fbcc8eaa.png

image.png.6d4eaffbbdf80246251534998bcf215f.png

image.png.2350895158d1414ea035a37d000d801b.png

image.png.038fb0d408e5d089889583aa35dc9e40.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

First, I don't think the seller could have made the car look worse or more undesirable.  Second, This looks like an aborted restoration attempt.  Third, $37,000?.  There are Cadillac aficionados out there but you have to start 37 grand in the hole?  It might be worth it to come Cadillac guys as this is THE Eldorado to have.  Dare I say it was GM's mark of Excellence!!!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I’m always the first guy to call a project car a parts car..........but in this instance.......I wouldn’t do it too fast. These things are hot on the market right now. Two much worse cars are in professional shops being restored......probably at 750k or more. Add in that one won its class at Pebble this year against a bunch of fantastic European stuff...........I would say project........not parts. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

I’m always the first guy to call a project car a parts car..........but in this instance.......I wouldn’t do it too fast. These things are hot on the market right now. Two much worse cars are in professional shops being restored......probably at 750k or more. Add in that one won its class at Pebble this year against a bunch of fantastic European stuff...........I would say project........not parts. Just my two cents.

As usual I agree. Desirable yes, but this will require $750,000 to restore.  Limited market,therefore.  

5 hours ago, edinmass said:

I think you get it running, put tires on it, clean it and maybe respray the hood.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

Is that 3/4 inch of bondo on the hood that exploded ?

Possibly body solder (lead), these are handcrafted bodies from multiple smaller stamped panels welded and leaded smooth.  But, if the buyer understands how hideously expensive and difficult these are to restore and is willing to bear that cost, more power to him.   The 1957-'58 Eldorado Broughams are the last Cadillac factory series custom-bodied cars.  The following 1959-'60 Eldorado Broughams were contracted to Pininfarina in Italy to do the custom body work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham - "Rare opportunity, Fair condition" - Alvarado, TX - Not Mine - 10/15 Deleted