For Sale: 1955 Packard 400 - "Not running, Very clean inside and out" - Amherst, OH - Not Mine - 10/25 & 10/5 Reduced

For sale on Craigslist: 1955 Packard 400 2-door Hardtop in Amherst, OH  -  $10,000  -  Call:  440 453 31 three seven

On 10/5, Seller reduced price to $8,750

On 10/25, Seller reduced price to $7,500

Link: https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/amherst-1955-packard-door/7387237485.html

Seller's Description:

1955 Packard 400 2-door Hardtop

• odometer: 79,000
  • transmission: automatic
  • title status: clean

Just pulled from storage, not running but does roll. Good title! Very clean inside and out. Nice interior and glass. Starter was removed from previous owner it appears solenoid is sticking.

image.png.a4ecf18af3efb216d721d8d88784ce48.png

image.png.90ccc4d70fdec7d4bd992aafc40b7ac2.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)

I saw a 55 Packard earlier this week but it was under a car cover.

It had the same dual exhaust coming out the bumpers but had dual rear antennas on the upper fins. The cover was custom made because there were stitched openings around each hole.

Can't wait to see it without the car cover.

Bill

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Packard 400 - "Not running, Very clean inside and out" - Amherst, OH - Not Mine - 10/5 Reduced

We had a Packard in this color last year. I found it so interesting that I researched it a little. Packard called it "Sardonyx". That's a word I had never heard of, so I looked that up. (Yes, at my age I have too much time on my hands.) It turns out that a sardonyx is a type of agate. Here, if you, too, have time on your hands, are the images related to it:

sardonyx colors - Google Search

It seems that all of Packard's colors for this year were patterned after precious and semi-precious stones. Here, for the fun of it, is the '55 Packard chip chart from Auto Color Library:

1955 Packard (autocolorlibrary.com)

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Packard 400 - "Not running, Very clean inside and out" - Amherst, OH - Not Mine - 10/25 & 10/5 Reduced

I think what holds this car back is it is not running and the seller gives no indication as to why!  Also the cryptic photos does not add to the presentation either.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, deac said:

I think what holds this car back is it is not running and the seller gives no indication as to why!  Also the cryptic photos does not add to the presentation either.

Presentation is part of the process of selling. 

The more honest and forthcoming a Seller appears, the better his chances of selling the car and getting the price he wants.  That is, of course, assuming Seller really wants to sell and is not just "testing the waters."