1 cylinder Cadillac hub caps

John Kelso

Those are 1903 Cadillac 1-cyl hubcaps. More specifically the 03-A's supplied with Westin-Mott axles. American Ball Bearing supplied a different cap with their axles. The cap in the photo posted by Playswith is the cap used from 05 thru 08 with the 06-08 emblem.

$400 would be a good price for them if they had the internal threads machined in but it doesn't look like they are threaded and I don't know how you would thread them now because the shell is very thin. Tockett machined those from a larger diameter solid brass. They were threaded after they were hollowed out. Then he screwed them on a form to maintain the shape while the out side was then turned  down to dimension. those have a very thin shell of about .050 to replicate the original stamped caps. I don't know how yours could be threaded now without stretching the shell out of dimension. An external fixture might work but that might press fit the shell to the fixture making it difficult to extract. But, then I'm only thinking out loud, I'm not much of a machinist. 

They are also missing the emblems unless you have them with the caps, but they are available. 

I will bring an original 03 cap with me to Hershey to show you. Maybe we can meet up? Do yo have a spot?

Jeff

39 minutes ago, JAK said:

Jeff these caps are threaded on the inside ,very fine threads sorry that didn't show in the pictures

I was planning on being at Hershey tomorrow and Thursday do not plan on spending much time at the space

Will be C4S 30 ,717-485-4344

I saw the lines inside the cap but I thought they looked like machine turning marks in the photo. I'll take the hubcaps since the hard work is done and I have an extra set of emblems on hand. It looks like we are almost neighbors. My spots are C4E38 & 39. but I'm not always there either. My Cell is 330-323-0586. My plans are to arrive before noon on Tues. but I need to load my trailer today yet and I'm running behind. If we can't get together Tues I'll catch you Thurs. but consider the hub caps sold. Are you the same person I bought the 05 body parts from on my way to Hershey a few years ago? Did you find any more 05 pieces?  ---- Jeff