2021 Hershey Weather

MrEarl

The forecast literally changes every single day.  Last week things for Hershey week were perfect.  Then it was going to rain every day.  Then this morning (9/30, see screen shot below), every day from Tuesday through Saturday (10/5-10/9) only had a 24% chance of rain each day (not 23% or 25%, don’t ask me why.   And now, we are currently back to rain on several days.   You’re better off flipping a coin, it seems…

7143018E-B02C-4E35-9F69-C4E644CC8469.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Mr. Earl, you know the first rule of Hershey is that you don't talk about the weather.

The second rule of Hershey is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT THE WEATHER.

😳Well I didn’t, but I do now. 😬Y’all just pretend you didn’t see this, pack your umbrella and galoshes, and enjoy the blue skies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So after leaving from Hershey one year ( just shopping) I went to Bird Of Hand to pick up a piece I bought and the Amish kid that I was buying it from told me these wise words.....

”Children who lie grow up to be weathermen”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

HERSHEY has it's own weather systems. I haven't missed a year since 1968 and have seen everything from snow flurries, torrential rain, 30 degree cold to 90 degree heat and some or the most perfect days for walking the flea market. I have framed on my garage wall, the weather map from  the USA Today newspaper dated Friday, October 2nd 2011. The entire east cost was clear except a dime sized green dot over HERSHEY that did not move. There was 9.5 inches of rain in two days and made for a miserable HERSHEY. So prepare fore the worst and hope for the best of weather. It's the literature guy's that really take a beating when it rains.

• Like 3

I am guessing most of us are concerned about the weather being dry so we can walk around and look to spend $ on used car and truck parts that were obsolete 50 years ago. But I now think what about all our fellow "comrades in arms" that are also looking at the weather for Saturday when the show is on and they want to put the vehicle that they have spent days and weeks on to look its best to put on the show field, not just to perhaps win a award but also to give all the rest of us the chance to enjoy first hand and in person. THANK YOU TO ALL who make the effort.

Walt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since all of you are obsessed with the weather, I'll tell you that the weather I get at home today is the weather Hershey gets tomorrow. Right now it is gray and raining, which it has been doing for three days now.

I may post updates as they evolve.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Since all of you are obsessed with the weather

Not caring as much about what the weather  is doing in Hershey as I am the 12 hours of driving through whatever pulling the Airstream to get there. As I check it I’m just sharing. The 4 times I’ve ever been there have been cool with blue skies, let’s see if I can bring the same again. 

689C5863-B5CA-44CE-AD6F-C10FBAA2FB24.jpeg.255387a0174dd50feee343b44a3969db.jpeg

7551CDCF-5D0B-4417-AC46-5FD5CF3AE5BA.jpeg.4ae72cd9bcd5990d181d6beb2fa81b4b.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Cold, gray, and foggy here southeast of Cleveland. We'll see if the day improves and sends better weather towards Hershey for tomorrow.

1464630560_20211005_0808531.jpg.3afc830863c313c5c97aa5293dc046cd.jpg

My youngest son, Riley, and I are rolling out this afternoon in the Audi ute so we'll be there first thing in the morning to unload the truck with our car corral vehicles and to get a jump on things. Hoping to buy a car early and get it into inventory ASAP.

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)

Never talk about the Hershey weather forecast. Just prepare for everything from -30 to 110 degrees. Rain, Snow, Sleet, Hail, Earthquakes and Volcanos. Pack t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, jackets, coats and full snowmobile gear. Pack a snowmobile, bear mace, signal flares and a snickers bar. Be ready for anything and have fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As long as it stays ok for tomorrow!  Mr. Earl, looks like a pretty nice settup  but I dont see the weber!

I heard a weather man talking to a morning radio show a few years ago. He said that weather could be predicted about 90% up to 2 days. With each day after its just an educated guess.  As much as things have progressed technologically I still usually wait until the day I get up to see what the weather will be.

• Like 2

Gray skies all week so far, Friday to be a repeat... Dry, Dry, Dry !!!

70° all three (3) days, so far, 60 ° all three (3) nights...

Truthfully,  I think we can all agree, these two (2) weeks at Fall Carlisle and HERSHEY have been better than any year EVER weather wise....

Wish we could have had our foreigners --- Tomas from Sweden was the

ONLY Swede here --- and I serviced Nazeem from Israel today....

That was 2 of 30,000.... (Certainly affected sales in a serious negative fashion --- oh, well.... we move on...)   Yours, Craig....

• Like 1

I met Mr. Lamar Earl, our moderator, today at HERSHEY... I thought he was a Great Guy, and got proven correct !!!

It is indeed special to talk face to face with those we only have a distant relationship with on these forums.

Getting to talk in person is like putting the pieces of a puzzle together, and seeing it to completion. 

That is part of what makes events like Fall Carlisle and HERSHEY  so extra special !!! For those who don't  make it a regular event ---

Your life will be so much better by joining us next year....

Off to beddy bye, On to Chocolate  World in the A.M. and to the # 1 show on planet Earth.... please, GOD, one more glorious weather day !!! ZZZzzz.

Edited by mobileparts (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/2/2021 at 1:38 PM, 46 woodie said:

HERSHEY has it's own weather systems. I haven't missed a year since 1968 and have seen everything from snow flurries, torrential rain, 30 degree cold to 90 degree heat and some or the most perfect days for walking the flea market. I have framed on my garage wall, the weather map from  the USA Today newspaper dated Friday, October 2nd 2011. The entire east cost was clear except a dime sized green dot over HERSHEY that did not move. There was 9.5 inches of rain in two days and made for a miserable HERSHEY. So prepare fore the worst and hope for the best of weather. It's the literature guy's that really take a beating when it rains.

I remember that year. I had my light shorts and flip flops so if the rain stopped I would dry off faster than sopping wet blue jeans.

11 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

I remember that year. I had my light shorts and flip flops so if the rain stopped I would dry off faster than sopping wet blue jeans.

“Hollywood Dandy Dave” and the famous speedo and flip flop look.......... it’s still burned in my memory, like 9/11!

• Haha 3

On 9/30/2021 at 7:13 PM, greenie said:

All you need to know is SAM made a right and headed out to sea. The rest is just weather. Get ready for Hershey. Pack an umbrella and you won’t use it. 

I did, and I didn’t. I was never wet, never hot, never cold. Most days you could wear a sweatshirt all day or wear a t-shirt all day long. We rarely saw the Sun. Weird weather but totally normal for Hershey. It defies forecasters.