1939 Studebaker coupe Medford OR craigslist NOT MINE

NOT MINE

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/d/central-point-1939-studebaker-commander/7376265199.html

Studebaker For Sale : 1939 Studebaker Commander Business Coupe Model 9A

This car is a 2 Door, 3 passenger Business Coupe used by salesmen. I has an extremely large size trunk and beautiful fender skirts.

This car has a 116 1/2 “ wheel base running on period correct Firestone Deluxe Champion 6.50x16 Bias Ply Tires. The Engine is a 6 Cylinder. Flathead developing 90 horsepower. It has a 3 speed column shift manual transmission with overdrive. The exterior is painted in factory correct Delphinium Blue.

This is a survivor car. 47,724 were built in 1939, only a handful of this model last today in this restored to original condition. The interior, dash and instruments are all original. It has 40798 miles on the OD.

One of the most unusual features on the car is the after market Borg Warner passenger compartment heater that is operated by Gasoline from the carburetor.

I am the third owner of the car. I purchased it from a gentleman in California who lovingly restored it for his wife who drove it regularly to work. Since I have owned the car I have had it maintained by a local mechanic who specializes in vintage cars.It runs and drives great, and it’s a fun car to drive. It attracts lot’s of attention at car show, because it is so unusual.

The selling price is $18,500.00. The car is located in Southern Oregon. Please contact me @ 541-499-5341

00d0d_dJL4Zffk8pPz_0CI0pK_1200x900.jpg

00e0e_awbuHjLLncvz_0CI0pK_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_ioEyt6twWMGz_0CI0pK_1200x900.jpg

00303_9TZfJFJXvs5z_0CI0pK_1200x900.jpg

01616_54OsthVkYOFz_0CI0pK_1200x900.jpg

• Like 4

I've seen this type of fuel line replacement before.  Fuel line is probably missing it's original flexible hose so the coils will take up any engine vibration and keep the line from cracking.   Maybe not as pretty as orig. equipment but perfectly functional.

That sure is nice and does seem like a real good deal for the money.   Stop posting cool unusual cars like this.  Now I start thinking about how to swing it and get it here.  Was sold on the Hudson Pickup but the buyer wouldn't sell it long distance after I had it inspected and told him I would take it. 

Surprised it says it was posted 24 days ago and no takers yet. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:23 AM, GregLaR said:

so the coils will take up any engine vibration and keep the line from cracking. 

Very true. I've done this many times on refrigeration compressors for the same reason and it works well. We would also place small dabs of silicone between the coils. If this engine is rubber mounted that fuel line would be even more of help preventing fuel line fatigue. 

How many trade hands to achieve a realistic value.  Probably few.  I look at all kinds of old cars and can honestly say I can't recall seeing another one for sale in the recent future.  I'm sure there are but probably so few change hands, the price books would be lagging in value. 

Good thing it's on the west coast and shipping would add probably another 3,000 to the purchase price.  Makes it easier to not persue. That interior sure looks nice as do the running board covers and chrome.  I would expect a crappy one that moves under it's own power would sell for 10G on the east coast. 

• Like 3

On 9/29/2021 at 8:12 PM, suchan said:

Sharp car. Looks like a downsized Lincoln Zephyr coupe, and I personally like it with the skirts.

Maybe the coiled fuel line has something to do with the gas heater?

I like the skirts also, I have the skirts for my car ad they will be installed this winter. The fuel line is no big thing. I used 1/4" brake line to make mine look correct with a $7.00 bender from ebay. Very beautiful car. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)