For Sale: Classic Car estate sale, '36 Chrysler Airflow, '51 Kaiser Custom Convertible, others - $12,345 - Lawrence, KS - Not Mine

58L-Y8

For Sale: Classic Car estate sale, '36 Chrysler Airflow, '51 Kaiser Custom Convertible, others - $12,345 - Lawrence, KS

Classic Car estate sale - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Classic car estate sale Prices just reduced
Due to my age and health forces me to sell the rest of my toys. We had been in business here in Lawrence , KS for over 35 years and shipped cars all over the world. I closed our retail business in 2008 and I have kept these vehicles. I would be willing to listen to offers as they must all go buy winter. This is an updated list of what is left now for sale. All vehicles have clear titles.

1936 Chrysler Airflow C10 Imperial. Running driving car. $26900
1946 Packard Clipper straight 8cyl. Has has trim in trunk. $900
1949 Willys Jeepster restores converted to power steering SOLD
1951 Kaiser Dragon Convertible.. very rare. Great for parades, car shows and cruise nites..$21500
1954 Olds 88 holiday 2dr coupe. New paint. $12500.
1955 Olds 98 holiday 4dr HT. nice solid car. has all options and original interior. $6500
1957 Dodge 2dr coronet ..6 cyl pushbutton auto. asking $2695
1968 Cadillac Coupe Deville . 472 engine. $2550
1969 MG Midget Roadster. 4cyl. 4 speed. Has extra parts. new brakes and tires $2700
1971 Honda 175cc Scrambler. All original even the seat. $1150
1995 Ranger step side. converted to electric at a whopping like $17K. Newer batteries 5 speed manual. $3500
2012 Wildfire 3 wheeled truck. like new. street legal with clear title. twin cyl. water cooled 4 speed SOLD
Toro 325 Groundsman 6 ft front mulching deck. 25hp diesel SOLD
Wheel horse 16hp hydraulic lift with hydrostatic transmission. $800

Copy and paste in your email:  f294ccf9ce1632cfb0aed3a33619d329@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this any car in this collection.

Note: Although there were no 1951-'55 Kaiser convertibles produced by the factory, a number were converted by dealers and individuals in that period.  Before dismissing this car, interested persons should investigate it in detail to determine how well the craftsmanship of the conversion was done in this case.  Two prototype 1951 Kaiser convertibles from club coupes were converted by Ray Dietrich, Inc in his Grand Rapids, MI shop for Kaiser-Frazer Corporation, one which is still extant in the stewardship of a KFOCI club member.

'36 Chrysler Imperial Airflow KS a.jpg

'36 Chrysler Imperial Airflow KS b.jpg

'51 Kaiser custom convertible KS a.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I didn’t know they made a Dragon convertible.

AJ:

K-F didn't produce any Dragon convertibles, only Dragon sedans for 1951 and 1953.   The custom builder of this car decided to name his convertible conversion a "Dragon"  which is as close to one as we'll every have.   That 1951-'55 body series just cries out for a convertible.   Those are the one make and model of car most people can access the design work of Dutch Darrin, though the 226 ci L-head six cylinder engine performance leaves a lot to be desired.   My compatriot who had 1953-'54 Kaisers refers to the six as "the old fork-lift engine". 

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the history: Kaiser-Frazer: The Last Onslaught on Detroit by Richard M. Langworth, Automobile Quarterly Publications, copyright 1975, the author wrote that Oldsmobile 303 ci V8 engine with Hydra-Matic transmissions were installed in six prototype 1951 Kaiser sedans for evaluation testing with the idea to purchase the engines and transmissions on a proprietary basis.  This alternative was investigated since their own Kaiser V8 in development was not possible for lack of the necessary funding to bring it to production.  For various reason, GM's pricing for the engines precluded the propriety sourcing of the Oldsmobile 303 engines from being financially feasible.

This combination did turn out to be quite popular in the aftermarket when sufficient Olds Rocket engines became available through salvage yards from wrecks etc.   The 1951-'54 Kaiser styling, much like the first generation Lincoln Continental, both with less-than-satisfactory engines, compelled subsequent owners to replace the original engine with an available powerplant promising performance more in keeping with the elegant styling of their cars.

• Thanks 1