Pierce-Arrow or Pierce Arrow?

PFindlay

If you go to the Pierce Arrow Foundation museum webpage, link below, and read the article in the July 2019 The Great Arrow, it will shed some light on the subject.  There are still some shadows even with this light, but it's an interesting subject to me and why I included the article in that issue.  For some reason I can't post the article itself here, if someone can "steal" it from the newsletter feel free to post it on this forum.

Newsletter | Pierce-Arrow Museum    

4 hours ago, trimacar said:

If you go to the Pierce Arrow Foundation museum webpage, link below, and read the article in the July 2019 The Great Arrow, it will shed some light on the subject.  There are still some shadows even with this light, but it's an interesting subject to me and why I included the article in that issue.  For some reason I can't post the article itself here, if someone can "steal" it from the newsletter feel free to post it on this forum.

Newsletter | Pierce-Arrow Museum    

Thanks, here is the article from the July 2019 Pierce-Arrow Museum Newsletter.  It seems like the early cars were Make: Pierce  Model: Arrow.   After the formation of the Pierce-Arrow Motor Co. I guess they were Make: Pierce-Arrow   Model: 48 or whatever, even though the advertising didn't always reflect this.

1069302406_P-Aarticle.jpg.c1531602c5f764188d2ca4631acefa0d.jpg

Edited by PFindlay (see edit history)

Thanks for posting it.  When I wrote that and included in the newsletter, I was contacted by a member of the Society who stated that regardless of the confusion, ALWAYS write Pierce-Arrow.  That’s now standard practice for The Great Arrow newsletter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimy said:

Of course you don't--you're the resident iconoclast.....  🙂

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

Plus use smaller words when offering criticism, us unedjucated car mechanics aren't too bright. 😉

56 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!

Plus use smaller words when offering criticism, us unedjucated car mechanics aren't too bright.

"Iconoclast" = breaker of icons.  Or substitute "norms" or "traditions"...

I'll try to remember to use monosyllablics when addressing you in the future...  🙂