2022 Glidden Tour (NJ) 25-30 September 2022

Vince DeLisi

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, Vince DeLisi said:

To All,

Our planning continues.

We're inviting all past Glidden attendees to send me a note with your best "Glidden Memories".  Our intention is to use them to enliven the Glidden Gazettes and if we get enough of them, the intention is to print them up into booklets to be distributed at our closing banquet and then posted, as appropriate on the AACA and VMCCA websites so that a "memory bank" can be created and maintained.  Please send me your story!

Vince (vincentdelisi@comcast.net)

I like this idea. We need more of this!

Thanks - we have collected a variety of wonderful stories - some short - and some much longer.  There will be a booklet with all of them at our closing banquet, and the file will be shared with Antique Automobile and the Bulb Horn, in word, so it will be easy for the editors to decide if it warrants a larger audience.  Vince

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this great picture.  Now that we have all "rested up" from a very busy Glidden Tour week, as well as a few days in Hershey, I'm pleased to report that we should shortly have available on the NJ Region AACA website a complete photographic report on the week's activities.  As I'm sure that the folks on the tour noted, we had a very busy team of photographers who pre-planned out great places to take pictures of the cars and people on tour.  Chairman Dan has prepared a set of 472 PowerPoint slides that will be available for downloading, hopefully before the end of this week.  Those that attended the dinner, were treated to a preliminary version of these slides.  Also, Yvonne is writing up an article for Antique Automobile as well as the Bulb Horn that will fully cornicle the weeks activities.  She will surely included a list of the three trophy winners, including the fact that Steve and Sherry Williams Cadillac won a Cloisonné for being on it's first Glidden Tour, as well as the Glidden Trophy.  Everyone was rooting for that Cadillac to complete the week - and it did!  Thankfully, it waited until it was being loaded on the trailer to brake a shackle which surely would have taken it off of the road had it happened earlier.  Thanks for joining us in NJ for the 76th Revival AAA Glidden Tour!  Vince DeLisi, Chair

• Like 1

We had a great time all week My32 gave up on monday had to finish up in our  truck . This was our 16 Glidden Tour will be back next year . Thanks again  Howard and Chris King