2022 Glidden Tour (NJ) 25-30 September 2022

Vince DeLisi

The New Jersey Region AACA invites you to join us for the 76th Revival AAA Glidden Tour which will be held in the Princeton, NJ area the week of September 25, 2022.  As they become available, more details will be posted on our website:  www.njregionaaca.com.

This tour is limited to automobiles that were produced up to 1942.

We're planning to travel "New Jersey's Revolutionary Road" and visit numerous sites in NJ and the Delaware Valley that were important to the War for Independence.

Thanks for your interest!

Vince DeLisi, Tour Chair

vincentdelisi@comcast.net 

Glidden Tour Logo Final.jpg

Edited by Vince DeLisi
misspellings (see edit history)

I plan on being there too, with our 1934 Ford Fordor V8.   I grew up in Princeton 1950 to 1960   Graduated from the Valley Road School, class of 1959.

It will be nice to see all the historical sites as an adult, and maybe a few childhood friends.   I remember it as a Father Knows Best & Leave to Beaver type town.   I'm sure time has changed the town and my perspective, but it will be fun.   It will be Glidden Tour # 13 for us.

We expect to be there, but haven't yet decided which of our Glidden-Era cars to register.

We've been driving Glidden Tours since 1990, missed just a few because of work or hurricanes, and are looking forward to this one.

Originally from New Jersey, one of my high school classmates is a former mayor of Princeton. 

Here’s the Badge Bar Medallion for this year’s 2021 Glidden Tour in Saratoga Springs, New York - a fantastic event planned by Bill Preston and his committees

09E3C6E3-5DD4-4055-B274-59FBF0AE662B.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm pleased to advise that we are making excellent progress to be sure that The NJ Region produces the best Glidden experience ever.  Tour planning is well underway, as are our plans for a fantastic barbeque for our opening banquet.  Please plan on joining us in NJ on September 25, 2022.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that Thursdays events include a museum trip in the am, followed by lunch in the USS New jersey.  This sounds awesome, however the two are roughly 30 miles apart... including city streets.  have you allotted enough time for pre-war cars to travel this distance on time?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vince,

Change of plans, because the Orthopdedic Surgeons at Emory in Atlanta want to replace both my knees again.

We're still testing but they think the knees may be loose and or infected.   I'm not doing anything on a "maybe" and will not plan in being in Princeton until they are replaced or cured.   In their present condition, I have no ability to be touring.

Give our best wishes to all the veteran Gliddenites & Buzzards.

Paul & Inge Dobbin

Hi Paul - thought I had your email address - but I don't.  My dad had a similar issue a few years ago in that one of his knees "became loose" and was infected.  The plan was to replace the entire joint.  However, he insisted that they only replace the part that failed.  His surgeon finally agreed.  The advantage was it reduced the recovery time since both ends of the joint did not need to be touched, and removing the "good side" is not easily done.  It was harder for the surgeon since amazingly, at least in his case, all knee parts were not interchangeable.  What the surgeon had to do was have several potential replacements ready to go so that the "right" part could be installed.  Hope that you are able to recover quickly - as I agree if you can't drive them, might as well collect clocks (which we also do!).  Vince

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered this tour while looking into the Sentimental Tour (Gettysburg).  I'm interested and will check to make sure my calendar is clear.  I'm currently sorting my '38 Century, so hopefully it'll be ready to go for September.  I see the registration deadline is 30 June, so I won't delay...

I mailed my application today.  Now I need to really rack-up some more miles on the Century.  I've driven about 500 miles since doing a bunch of mechanical work over the winter.  It seems to be running well right now, so I'm gradually increasing the driving distance from home.  I have a 120-mile round trip planned for Sunday; that will be the first big test.

Looking forward to this tour, as it will be our first.  (Hope I haven't bitten-off too much...)  :unsure:

• 1 month later...

To All,

Our planning continues.

We're inviting all past Glidden attendees to send me a note with your best "Glidden Memories".  Our intention is to use them to enliven the Glidden Gazettes and if we get enough of them, the intention is to print them up into booklets to be distributed at our closing banquet and then posted, as appropriate on the AACA and VMCCA websites so that a "memory bank" can be created and maintained.  Please send me your story!

Vince (vincentdelisi@comcast.net)

• Like 1