Forum "GOD" Has Spoken *DELETED*

Guest my3buicks

keith. if this were a simple matter of right and wrong, black and white, then this would be easier to quantify with a simple answer. we always have to deal with freedom of speech issues [especially on the internet]. we can all understand the frustrations romy seems to be trying to express. at the same time, salg is just trying to keep this forum suitable for ANY body with an interest in our hobby. i appreciate your attempt to protect my right to express myself in any way i choose, or romy's, or salg's for that matter. but romy should of used more common sense in his post and less color. also, there are better forums for anti-war vs. pro-patriotism discussions. i do feel bad for romy not being able to take part first hand in the assembly of his car. and we all hope he makes it back whole to appreciate what HE has chosen [it is a volunteer military] to serve for. romy was right for bitching about "bad timing". salg was right for "editing slightly" romy's post. and you are right for protesting an infringment on an american's freedom of speech. damn, we are all good, arn't we?

Guest my3buicks

I think we are on the same wave length, I have no problem with Sal cleaning up the unneeded language, I did have issue with him telling us to keep the subject to keep the posts strictly car related. Sure that is what the forum is about, but let's face it many time the posts stray.

tell me about it. the recent one about SUVs supporting terrorism just plain went over-board! not only here but into [or started in] the V8buick boards. where is the line drawn? i come here to talk car stuff, this ain't the op-ed page. but thanks for the reminder. rob.

I started the SUV post because I think it's something that is at least related to cars. And better yet, I wanted to get the point across that there are more than just SUV's guzzling gas. My daily driver is a 71 LeSabre. If people want to target SUV owners then they need to open up their eyes and realize they're being absolutely obtuse. There, I changed the topic already.

I agree the SUV post went overboard...to an extent. Everyone had their point and stated them clearly. I don't have a problem with that. If you do, then don't read it.

I posted it in the V8Buick forum because there is more to that forum than just "car talk". People talk about their family life and tv programs over there...it's more like a big group of buddies getting together and BS'ing about Buicks. I also think it's an incredible source of information about our cars. Where else can you talk about your dog and at the same time find an idle stop solenoid bracket for your 350?

Both of these threads got incredible feedback and probably made lots more people aware that one or the other sites existed. I wonder what would happen if an administrator just blocked the thread one day after it gets 1000 hits. I bet there would be some pretty unhappy folks.

I've seen some WAY off topic threads and this didn't happen to be one of them. Sometimes we just have to say what we need to. I had some very strong feelings about the SUV - terrorism thing and wanted to express them. I saw an opportunity to let people know how blindsighted we can be.

Speaking of off topic, shouldn't this be all about cars? I disagree that every thread has to meet some specific "code" that we must follow. This is only natural that we deviate and have to make our opinions known about subjects like this. There is no "line". The only line is how far you're willing go to say something.

So Romy, we'll be looking forward to you coming back soon!

Cheers. I'm going to bed.

After also being caught up in SUV post, I agree that this is not the place for that kind of opining. The Rants and Raves section is a much better place for it. I come here to get information about my Buicks not world events. There are other sources that I trust much more than this one for that kind of information. Conversely I wouldn't go to those sources to find out how to route the vacuum lines in my '69 Riviera either. The post by Romy was offensive to me and over the top for this forum. I appreciate the administrator's efforts to keep this forum close to on topic and off the bar room floor.

I guess "God" has spoken. The "Blah Blah Blah" post has COMPLETELY disappeared. It is as if Romy and his thoughts never existed. (I hope he does come back from the coming war.)

Big brother is watching over us. That is nice and all, but could have just transferred the discussion to Rant and Rave. There is a real world out there you know. The real world can't be made to simply "disappear"

War is imminent. It is a good topic for discussion.

I think the upcoming war is a good topic for discussion.

We all depend on petroleum to run our old cars. We all depend on reasonable gas prices to run some of these old gas guzzlers. We all depend on good relations with the general public so that we do not become targets of the "you are wasting gas group--just like the SUV's"

And this upcoming war will change all of that. Price of oil may go up drastically or may come down drastically depending on how the war and the aftermath of war turns out.

We all have a stake in this war, like it or not.

Repeat---------Is a very good topic for discussion.

Should not just "disappear" as too controversial or off subject.

It is not.

Sorry

Finally found it. (Blah Blah Blah) Wasn't that far down either.

Like I say these old eyes get tired easily, especially when scrolling. Missed it somehow.

But I still believe the above post is worth considering. This upcoming war is very important to all us old car collectors.