Rebuild Inline-8 Motor of my 1950 Chieftain

TheGerman

Hi all,
The next days the motor of my 50 straight eight has to be pulled because of terrible noise coming from inside. Anyway i will keep this engine so we will overhaul it. I live in Germany so i am in the need of some adresses where i can buy things like pistons, rings, valves and the rest to rebuild the inner engine.
Any proposals? Thank you in advance.

The German,

Should be able to help you with absolutely  everything brand new U.S.A. made !!!

As indicated above, you will need to see what sizes you will need -- Standard or Oversize on the Pistons & Rings, and on the Main Bearings & Rod Bearings, depending on what you need or require...

Yours, Craig.....

Edited by mobileparts (see edit history)

TheGerman, I had good experience with Terrill Machine in Texas when I rebuilt my straight 8 last year. It was during the height of the pandemic and some of the suppliers, like piston ring manufacturers, had shut down production. My local shop didn't want to machine the bores until I knew for sure I could get pistons and rings. Terrill Machine had a couple of different oversize piston sets but no matching ring sets in stock. During the pandemic parts were in short supply everywhere. Terrill Machine volunteered to call me the moment a ring set came in that matched any of the oversized pistons they had in stock. They came through for me and I'd definitely do business with them again.