Studebaker Dictator 2A 1935 kingpin

Johan N

Hi

I tried to send a message directly to @George Rohrbach but I was not allowed and this message showed up "Your account has not yet met the minimum content item count requirement to send personal messages.".
So I am seeking contact with George Rohrbach about this kingpin kit from this thread instead.

Do you or anyone else know where I can buy this kingpin?

Or maybe a drawing, so I can make one.

Grateful for any help in this matter.

//Johan

23 hours ago, Johan N said:

Hi

Do you or anyone else know where I can buy this kingpin?

Or maybe a drawing, so I can make one.

//Johan

You might contact Andy Beckman at the Studebaker National Museum and see if they can provide a copy of the original engineering blueprints for those king pins. I believe the Studebaker Corporation is the only manufacturer to retain such records, and they would be in the Museum archives.

Specs or part numbers would be great,  If these are a simple straight pin with a notch in the center and end grooves  you could use a similar one.  I have some old Thomson pin kits  and some Studebaker NOS  with tags I can't read.   The Thomson ones do have their part number but it means nothing to us unless someone has a listing book or an old Hollander interchange list. Do you have the car apart to measure it?

Edited by (S) (see edit history)

This is what I can find in the Chassis Parts Catalog for the Studebaker Dictator 2A with independently sprung has these partnumbers in King Pin kit S-342.

King Pin 182828
Knuckle Bushing 172902
Thrust Bearing 165010
Taper Key 510141
End Plug 127047
Oil Gasket 183930
Felt Washer 181282
Knuckle Shim 181657

I have not teared it apart yet since I was going to bye a new kit before starting to disassembling.

I have 3 sizes I was trying to see which was for the 32 Commander.  The rest are for sale/ trade..

4.25 length   x  .725 Dia meter    pinch bolt slot on center. 2 grease holes and hole though the center        

4.55 Length x  .725 Dia    pinch bolt slot off center     

4.85 Length x   .795 Dia  pinch bolt slot on center, hole through center

6.0 length , .810 dia  and one end looks like an ice cream scoop , probably mid 1920's or earlier.

Also  have   1  Lt kingpin for 39 Champion,   S-358  39 Champion   

S-367   41-46   Champion, 

S-368  41 =42 Comm      and 647535 kit for M 5 trucks and  misc other sets for later cars...

Email me at studebaker-mac.com.

replace the- with

I have a large stock of parts for your car.

Robert Kapteyn

112 Bissel street Joliet Illinois

60432-3002  Telephone 815twoonetwo  2389

I am old and slow , so please have partience

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

1243716126_Kingpinnumbers.png.fd5627ddea13e7b8eced31825514c72c.png

I found this listing even though it does not answer your needs but others can identify some of their sets.

I found an old email from an older Rockne restorer who had a king pin set for sale for a 1932/33 Rockne.

If anyone needs a set for Rockne .I can try and contact him even if the email is 12 years old in my archived emails.