"Pierce V-12" on a 1951 Plymouth engine stand - Los Angeles CA (WHY?)

m-mman

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/los-angeles-1951-plymouth-suburban/7381382871.html

This is a project that I am unable to finish. The majority of the heavy work has been completed.
Feel free to reach out with any inquiries.
Briefly: '51 Plymouth Suburban, all steel, 2 door wagon, V12 flathead engine from '58 Seagrave fire engine, NV4500 5 speed manual transmission, disc brakes and bags all around.
I've included a picture of such a car in its original state as a reference.
Interesting trades considered...

NOT MINE!!!  The big question is "WHY?"

00404_5sHo2YOSC3Jz_0wi0t2_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_jTBlwNOTMdaz_0CI0sf_1200x900.jpg

00x0x_409ttQ1QLglz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00909_c2pNHPoYoBIz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_iwb5jXb6Hrsz_0CI0nI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, alsancle said:

Mix in another 50k to make the engine run.

Nope. More. 

That’s not a Pierce engine. Not even close. It’s a third generation engine and 98 percent of it is Seagrave exclusive.  Why build a car with a boat anchor for an engine. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Fossil said:

Thankfully it's still at a point were putting a civilized engine in it would be easy. A nice slant 6 would make it a good reliable driver. 

But how do you get the owner to understand what he listing as a great selling point is actually a huge detriment and should be disposed of unless you have unlimited funds and a hankering for abuse trying to get it together?  What transmission could even be adapted to work with it ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

Can anyone say a 350 Chevy crate motor with a Powerglide automatic? It sure makes more sense than the current idea or nightmare, depending on your perspective. 

As much as I don't like that plan I will say you are right. Much better. Imagine the suspension changes alone needed to even drive it. 

• Like 1