The 1925 White gets a bed. See us at the Kent, Ct. CAMA show this weekend.

Dandy Dave

I go to a local auction that usually happens in the spring but because of the plague is postponed until September 18, 2021. So looking over all the stuff an old wagon bed, or former truck body shows up. At first I think maybe it will look good on the truck. Then I get a measuring tape and think maybe not. Kind of long. Well the auctioneer came to the item and I shout out 10 bucks. If it is cheep may as well buy it. No one else bids. I guess I own a bed for the old Truck. Here we are less than a week later and it is mounted and ready to ride. I had to shorten it 18 inches to get it to fit correctly. 10 bucks and some boards laying around the farm buildings here.  What a deal. How's it Look? Dandy Dave!   

IMG_3194.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• Dandy Dave changed the title to The 1925 White gets a bed. See us at the Kent, Ct. CAMA show this weekend.

That truck is awesome! I love it.  For ten bucks you couldnt even buy half dozen of the bolts thats holding things together!!  I do work for a family with a large farm estate. The property has been in their family for a couple of century's. We cleaned out one of the barns and found about 6 of those bodies. They were all in excellent condition but no frame. The ones we moved were def a farm wagon.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Ten bucks! You rich high end collectors are going to ruin it for all of us working guys trying to get our Duesenbergs finished. 🥸

My heart goes out to them hard working Duesey fellers with shallow pockets. I bet I have more fun. We're loading slab wood on it from the club saw mill that we were powering with a Frick Eclipse Steam Traction engine today. I'll have to get some photos tomorrow. Stay tuned. The old White works for a living. Dandy Dave! 

• Like 4

Was a good weekend to be around the machinery and vehicles. Help work the bugs out of stuff that had not run right in a while, and catch up with old friends. The American Number 1 sawmill powered with steam. 

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3208.JPG

IMG_3206.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 4

More photos of the saw mill and Frick 14-40 Eclipse Traction Engine. The fellow on the left in the second photo is my good friend Art Downs. He's the head sawyer on the mill. We've been partners in rescuing old iron for around 40 years. The old White with a load of slabs to be delivered. 

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3207.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG

• Like 6

That's me running the 1928 Hanson shovel. I rescued this old shovel after it sat for 40 years. Parked in 1957 it was given to me by my old friend Don Williams in 1996. I worked on it off and on for a year to get it running and operating again. We walked it on a low boy trailer one year later under it's own power. I donated the shovel to CAMA but they told me I have to come and run it. Got suckered into that deal. 😉 Dandy Dave!

IMG_3216.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3219.JPG

• Like 10

Dandy Dave..........which is older? You or the shovel? And most importantly, which on is in better shape! 🤔

Neat bunch of photos. Wish I could attend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Dandy Dave..........which is older? You or the shovel? And most importantly, which on is in better shape! 🤔

Neat bunch of photos. Wish I could attend.

At the moment we are running neck in neck. I think the shovel has as much arthritis as I do. I could never run it all day on an 8 hour shift with all my aches and pains. I've recently been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. Had the aches for years and finally was sent to a rheumatologist to find out why.     

2 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

At the moment we are running neck in neck. I think the shovel has as much arthritis as I do.

From the looks of those Bib overalls your running a lot cooler than the Shovel. image.gif.4ce99b4a4f3a40a28a222aedd6b4fd5a.gifimage.gif.4ce99b4a4f3a40a28a222aedd6b4fd5a.gif😆

Some old lumber for running boards on the White would really finish it off. Love the box on the back. Fits the truck perfectly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a pair of those lights I sold at Hershey a few years ago, they were petty cool, never knew what they were for (nobody else did either). They were perfect until somebody who had NO INTENTION of ever buying them had play touchy feely with them and dropped one and cracked a lens. As I recall I got a good offer for them, cracked lens and all, and they are long gone.

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 1