For Sale: 1956 Lincoln Premiere 2-dr Hardtop - "Excellent condition" - Amethyst & White - Cowden, IL - Not Mine - 11/16/22 Still available

For sale on Facebook: 1956 Lincoln Premiere 2-door Hardtop in Cowden, IL  -  $25,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/416526943008259/1956-Lincoln-Premiere-2-door-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1956 Lincoln Premiere 2-door Hardtop

• Driven 10,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink

1956 Lincoln Premiere, 2 door hard top 368 cubic inches V8 eng. Color is Amethyst with white top. This was fully restored in 1998 driven about 5,000 miles since restored. Just put 4 new tired on it. Excellent Condition. Asking 25,000 .Located in Cowden IL.  Call

image.png.1dec020e997d90d323e5bb017fe0dfe9.png

image.png.ec40e196bd6ed3b509a8563a72c9bc6d.png

image.png.582fab717b0c8a2b5990368ef6c513de.png

image.png.a1204149de5bd253963c1c7b7e1a8fba.png

image.png.2be760c4fb26f8e3f7e79adfb1558f65.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Lincoln Premiere 2-dr Hardtop - "Excellent condition" - Amethyst & White - Cowden, IL - Not Mine
  • 1 year later...
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Lincoln Premiere 2-dr Hardtop - "Excellent condition" - Amethyst & White - Cowden, IL - Not Mine - 11/16/22 Still available
  • 2 months later...

I dont think that any car offered more "easter egg" colors that 1956 Lincoln.  

It might look pink (pastel red) but amethyst is really a pastel purple.  Strangely Lincoln ALSO offered Wisteria, another pastel purple/violet. 

The differences were very subtle. 

The top line Premiere was available in 8 combinations of cloth and leather and 14 different all leather interiors.

Fourteen different color combinations of leather. . . . . . !

I will give you a few moments to try to write down 14 different color combinations . . . . That is a LOT of choices. 

These were very colorful cars. 

• Like 3

I love it.  Color looks to be more Wisteria but who knows and if I purchased it, I would not be showing it to win trophies, maybe local show trophies and they don't care about that much correctness.  

Been restored, and it looks it.  If done correctly, you are looking at $80,000 - maybe a bit less in 1998 prices.   I slightly prefer the longer finned 1957's.   

As to why it has not sold, could be a hundred reasons but #1 is that perhaps it has not been aggressively marketed.  Remember that this has been on Facebook marketplace for a year.  But I would bet it does not come in too many specific searches.  

Now - hand it over to a local to Chicago dealer, put it in a regional Mecum auction, throw it on ebay with 75 photos, you get the point - put it in front of eyeballs and Lincoln Club members and it should sell - for market price.  I suppose a fellow could do a search of BaT and see what any 1956 cars are selling for and dollar cost average that.  

But to me, now that the seller is listening to offers, if a person could sneak in and get this for $20,000 to $22,000, again provided all of the usual inspections show a decent affirmative result - that's a good buy.  

1956 Cadillacs and Buick Roadmasters in similar condition start around $35,000 to $40,000 and some end up in the $25,000 to $30,000 sold range.  

Not sure about Imperial 2 door hardtops.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, m-mman said:

I dont think that any car offered more "easter egg" colors that 1956 Lincoln.  

It might look pink (pastel red) but amethyst is really a pastel purple.  Strangely Lincoln ALSO offered Wisteria, another pastel purple/violet. 

The differences were very subtle. 

The top line Premiere was available in 8 combinations of cloth and leather and 14 different all leather interiors.

Fourteen different color combinations of leather. . . . . . !

I will give you a few moments to try to write down 14 different color combinations . . . . That is a LOT of choices. 

These were very colorful cars. 

I can see it now. In the direct sun light the car looks to be pink, but in the shade, it appears to be pastel red. Nice looking car.