For Sale: 1964 Chrysler New Yorker - "Survivor" - Chambersburg, PA - Not Mine - 10/11 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1964 Chrysler New Yorker 4-door Sedan in Chambersburg, PA  -  $9,900  -  No phone # provided.  Reply to Seller through Craigslist email to:  bf26b7a4c69e37b0ae11be9dc1207e73@sale.craigslist.org

Link: https://chambersburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/orrstown-1964-chrysler-new-yorker/7382281858.html

Seller's Description:

1964 Chrysler New Yorker 4-door Sedan

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 3,800
  • odometer rolled over
  • paint color: red
  • title status: clean

Finally, a nice and interesting survivor old car for under $ 10,000!

• This beautiful Chrysler is in excellent shape for 58 years old, and has been loved, cared for and stored inside since new.
  • According to the odometer, it has just under 4,000 miles on it (let’s read that less than 104,000 miles) but looks like less than half of that! Could easily pass for a 30,000 or 40,000 mile car!
  • The original owner was the owner of a funeral home and this was his business vehicle, used as a flower car and to drive people to the cemetery. It was used as such for 24 years, and lightly driven, and kept clean. People going to funerals wore clean suits and dresses in those days, the inside in color coordinated Mauve and Maroon colors is immaculate. Following service in the funeral home, the car went into collector hands who preserved it well.
  • The color of the body is original, ‘Royal Ruby Pearlescent’ with a ‘halo roof’ two tone of ‘Rosewood Pearlescent.’ It has been repainted once in it’s history about 20 years ago, and looks nice. The paint job is of driver quality. The exterior chrome and trim is in beautiful shape. Very few dings, a few light scratches on the back bumper near the gas fill.
  • This car is powered by it’s original engine, a 413 ‘max wedge’ with a four barrel carter carburetor. This is a powerful engine, and equipped with dual exhaust, it makes 360 horsepower. And the car is not very heavy, being the last of the full size unibody cars. Fun to drive, very fast!
  • It came equipped with these options, and everything is working: Pushbutton AM Radio with front and dual rear speakers, rear defroster, Sure Grip differential (limited slip), electric antenna (trunk mounted), pushbutton automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, and a light group including trunk light and map light.
  • I am a retired mechanical engineer, and over the time of my ownership, I have tinkered with this rare and unusual car, and have made functional everything that was not working, including the carburetor, cigarette lighter, horn, electric windshield washer, and gas gauge. All gauges work, all lights work. At night the gauge cluster and the pushbuttons for the heater and transmission light up in the most wonderful green color!

If you want a comfortable and unique ride to tinker with, and not just ‘one more Mustang’ or ‘one more Camaro’, you may be interested in this. Very, very solid, unmolested, highly original, running and driving well. Running out of space, winter coming. Title, in my name, in hand.  $ 9,900 firm. Thanks.  PS - Scammers don't waste your time. I'm on to you.

image.png.1450ff9611a63397af9f885b21baf94b.png

image.png.5c0e0c4c9089b45ec21e097829b59c20.png

image.png.ed6e9e3613ebf1abc6e3afede72a2207.png

image.png.dd2dc18288c56549a5a0940ff6d9e51c.png

image.png.e5d1aa3e7a97b7c876531006991923b5.png

image.png.a7b7e9671f871965c7fe46e7c963c135.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

This looks like a pretty nice car but I never cared for the styling of the 1963-1964 Chryslers either. I'm no expert but I don't think these year Chryslers were ever very popular as collector cars. This example appears to have been well cared for but it's 4-door sedan with a driver quality paint job and has over 100K miles on the clock. Maybe the seller knows the buyer's market for this one is very limited and that's why the ad is so overhyped & embellished. Paint up close looks somewhat dry & orange peely and he's not showing off the Rosewood (colors are called polys and not pearlescents in my paint books) colored roof at all. IMO $6K would be a better asking price and at $5K it would probably sell. 

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Chrysler New Yorker - "Survivor" - Chambersburg, PA - Not Mine - 10/11 Deleted