fs 1928 Chrysler

For sale  1928 Chrysler model 52, sedan. Newer paint, glass is all good, top and visor real good, tires great, all wood is very good and tight, wheels could be re varnished,  interior is all original, no tears, but wore some, engine runs great with correct original rebuilt carb, pin strip is poor, hyd. brakes do not work at this time, This car was used in a funeral home for several years. Body is great, has flowers and vases ,and foot warmer. Not original key. My computer  (or operator) is not working for pictures at this time. You can text me or call and I can send a few pictures  1 509 595 0136, Roger. Or send email address and Ill have wife email some. my email is rtpfaff@frontier.com. Thanks again Roger     10000 or obo

Edited by rjp (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The back seat has not collapsed, they were made that way, The depression in the middle of the base should have buttons on each pleat that was tied thru to the underneath frame. I had an original Chrysler 60 rear seat that was built this way.

It looks to be a nice car, wish I lived closer.

18 hours ago, rjp said:

One person interested in rat rod. I dont want to do this.

That would be so sad. Have you advertised it along the  west coast? 

Just makes me sick to think someone can justify hacking up a nice car like this when there are so many of those rat rods out there for sale now. If I didn't already have the DeSoto I'd be pestering about this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 5:00 PM, viv w said:

The back seat has not collapsed, they were made that way, The depression in the middle of the base should have buttons on each pleat that was tied thru to the underneath frame. I had an original Chrysler 60 rear seat that was built this way.

It looks to be a nice car, wish I lived closer.

I think that I see a similar depression on the other side. It's hard to tell because it's in the shadow. What you say makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that no one has snatched this up yet. If I were in your shoes I'd try and get it to the big swap meet in Portland that's coming up. Would seem like the perfect place to find a new owner. 

Thanks, I can never make it cuz we farm about then.  I am surprised my self.  We stay prety busy all summer and fal and that just about does away with most car shows and swap meets. Guess I got the wrong hobby!!

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 11:17 AM, rjp said:

Garfield  Washington 99130

Your not that far from Spokane or Coeur d'Alene . Is there any chance that you would know someone who could advertise this for you on Facebook Market place or Craig's list in those locations. 

Maybe it's because I own a Chrysler product from that era  but I can't get over your car. I wish we were closer together as I'd like to help you find a home for it. I'm afraid the only solution to your problem is to advertise in more places or to consign it with a reputable dealer. 

Have you investigated whether parts are available for the brakes? Would you be able to repair them yourself?

It didn't take much to go through the brakes on my DeSoto and the parts were easily found. If the car were drivable it would help with the sale. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Roger. I am looking for a late 1920s car that is complete, original, and drivable. Good brakes is a must for me. Can you please clarify what the problem is with your brakes?  I understand some of these Chryslers had brakes only on the rear wheels, others had on all 4 wheels. Some were mechanical and some were hydraulics. How is yours? Thank you very much. Manuel

• 2 weeks later...

Since the car has the brake fluid reservoir on the firewall, it is nearly a certainty that it has the four wheel external contracting hydraulic brakes. Can sometimes be troublesome in the rain. And a bit tricky to get into proper working condition. However, very good brakes once dialed in! (Proper adjustment is critical! My Paige owner's manual gives instructions.)

• 4 weeks later...