Handicap Parking Location

kuhner

I searched and did not find anything about handicap parking location.
My wife has had surgery recently and has trouble walking for extended periods. We have a handicap parking pass.

Hoping she can go back to the truck and rest if she needs to. 
She is way too vain to use a scooter.

Looks like you might need a scooter for getting back to your vehicle given the location of the handicap parking area from the main activity areas of the various vendor areas.  Im in a push it yourself wheelchair due to a spinal cord injury.  The map makes it clear I can’t push that much distance and my wife would not be interested in pushing me those distances.  A more centralized location for parking would be better.  Just my .02 opinion, not looking to have the world changed to accommodate me.

THE MAP WAS INCORRECT.  Why it did not show all the handicapped parking areas I do not know why but there is a handicapped area by the Giant Center once again this year.  I do not have a better map at this time but as long as the lot does not fill up you can be right in the middle of the action on the green field which is very busy.  The other lot was as shown on the map by the maintenance building is also a major area.  It is the location people pick up their mobility devices.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

THE MAP WAS INCORRECT.  Why it did not show all the handicapped parking areas I do not know why but there is a handicapped area by the Giant Center once again this year.  I do not have a better map at this time but as long as the lot does not fill up you can be right in the middle of the action on the green field which is very busy.  The other lot was as shown on the map by the maintenance building is also a major area.  It is the location people pick up their mobility devices.  

Thank you Steve for this information!

57 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Steve... tell me what else to add and I will.

Note: the map came directly from the Hershey website.  I added the handicap logo and the AACA Headquarters.

https://hershey.aaca.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/09/00-overall-000.pdf

Thanks again to AACA for making a grand effort to accommodate EVERYONE. I don't need the accommodations and hope I never will , but once again everyone this shows you that AACA is listening to everyone and wants everyone to have as great a time as possible. For many ( me included) this will be the first old car/flea market etc event since it was held the last time a couple of years ago . Make sure when you are there you thank any and all involved please - including the police etc who are directing traffic to a lot of uncertain drivers with out of state license plates!

Walt

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Saturday's handicapped parking is a bit different.  The lot where you get you Scooterbugs is open but of course it is on the far East side of the property and the show is on the West side!  The closest handicapped parking to the show is:  We reserve the top two double rows of the suite lot at Giant Center for ADA Parking on Saturday morning.  That is the closest lot to the show UNLESS they will be using the parking lot across the street this year and that is not much closer.  

The Giant Center lot used on Wed-Friday is for judges parking.   

AACA's lot is for the race cars and for early car trailer unloading and loading.