outer split windshield frame

scuba nut

Split windshield on a 1936 Desoto Airstream?    This sound incorrect. 

The only "standard" Chrsyler product in 1936 with a Split Windshield, was the Chrysler Airstream. The dodge Plymouth and Desoto had flat windshields.  Now the Airlfow models also had split windows.  The convertibles all had  flat windshields.

ERIC

16 hours ago, VW4X4 said:

The only "standard" Chrsyler product in 1936 with a Split Windshield, was the Chrysler Airstream. The dodge Plymouth and Desoto had flat windshields.  Now the Airlfow models also had split windows.  The convertibles all had  flat windshields.

ERIC

You so wrong Eric, I’m also in need of the two piece metal windshield frames for my 36 Desoto Airstream custom the deluxe came with the one piece windshield like Dodge and Plymouth anyone that can help us out would be much appreciated 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VW4X4 said:

ERIC

11 minutes ago, Uptowndodge said:

You so wrong Eric, I’m also in need of the two piece metal windshield frames for my 36 Desoto Airstream custom the deluxe came with the one piece windshield like Dodge and Plymouth anyone that can help us out would be much appreciated 

The 1936 De Soto Airstream....there were two versions....

1936 DS Airstream.jpg

1936 DS A.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

There are several issues that need to be noted here. The entire body on the Chrysler Airstream was changed to accommodate the split windshield. The front cowling and the roof were changed. On the interior the dash was changed to accommodate the exterior body.  The windshield wipers are no longer mounted on the roof but down at the dash level.     By looking at the picture it seams that the Desoto could have had either windshield in the same body style.   The only noticeable change between the Desoto split windshield, and the Desoto flat window, that I can tell from the picture,  is the wipers are moved to the dash level like the Chrysler.  In the attached pictures you can see the body

changes on the Chrysler Airstream.

That being said (Without Nasty comments from "uptown dodge"), Correct me if I've over looked something.

ERIC

IMG00120.jpg

IMG00124.jpg

17 hours ago, keiser31 said:

The 1936 De Soto Airstream....there were two versions....

1936 DS Airstream.jpg

This has me wondering?  The 1936 Chrysler airstream had independent front suspension.  Unlike the Dodge , Plymouth and standard 36 Desoto model. These cars had a  solid front axle along with leaf springs, (to the best of my knowledge).  Can anyone provide front suspension pictures of the desoto deluxe model? 

ERIC

1 hour ago, VW4X4 said:

There are several issues that need to be noted here. The entire body on the Chrysler Airstream was changed to accommodate the split windshield. The front cowling and the roof were changed. On the interior the dash was changed to accommodate the exterior body.  The windshield wipers are no longer mounted on the roof but down at the dash level.     By looking at the picture it seams that the Desoto could have had either windshield in the same body style.   The only noticeable change between the Desoto split windshield, and the Desoto flat window, that I can tell from the picture,  is the wipers are moved to the dash level like the Chrysler.  In the attached pictures you can see the body

changes on the Chrysler Airstream.

That being said (Without Nasty comments from "uptown dodge"), Correct me if I've over looked something.

ERIC

IMG00120.jpg

IMG00124.jpg

when your wrong your wrong, you don’t have to keep trying to prove your point. Just digging yourself in deeper. It’s no biggie, come on just say it “I’m wrong” you learn something everyday 

• 1 month later...

hello,  sometimes it is hard getting info.  I have 1936 Dodge 4D.  Split windshield.  On the title it listed as Id # S124571.  I resently took the trim out of the that car, I have been working on.  It has the 3 piece center post.  chrome, rubber and back metal screw holder.  I am looking to to have piece redone.  Did you contact NC industries?  Most of the trim was taken off and placed inside car.  I will try and send pictures.  Is this any help?

41 minutes ago, Bob Headrick said:

hello,  sometimes it is hard getting info.  I have 1936 Dodge 4D.  Split windshield.  On the title it listed as Id # S124571.  I resently took the trim out of the that car, I have been working on.  It has the 3 piece center post.  chrome, rubber and back metal screw holder.  I am looking to to have piece redone.  Did you contact NC industries?  Most of the trim was taken off and placed inside car.  I will try and send pictures.  Is this any help?

Yep....need photos. I have never seen a 1936 DB with a split windshield. Pretty certain 1939 was the split windshield year.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Thanks,  what is 1936 DB 

4 hours ago, Bob Headrick said:

I meet you sometime back.  you showed me your car.  mind does not have spare tire location.  What is DB?

DB stands for Dodge Brothers which was used from 1914 to 1938. If your car looks like the Airstream in the first photo, it is a DeSoto.