NEEDED: Enclosed Transport from CT to Hershey Meet. (300miles)

Bob E

I had plans all laid out to get my 1938 Ford one Ton Express to Hershey this year, when things suddenly changed two days ago. Now I'm looking to make other arrangements for enclosed transport to Hershey for my truck. It's a frame-up Concours restoration that could have a rough time on an open trailer or on the open road. I personally don’t have access to an enclosed trailer capable of handling my truck. The major problem is that it is 80” tall. I’m scrambling to see if I can find enclosed transportation from CT to Hershey for the meet and back without mortgaging the house or forfeiting my left arm. It's just over 300 miles one way. Any ideas? Most of you have been in this hobby far longer that I have, and you might have some thoughts that I can capitalize on.

Thanks - Bob

FD 10.jpg

FP 7.jpg

Front 2.jpg

Edited by Bob E
clarification (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to NEEDED: Enclosed Transport from CT to Hershey Meet. (300miles)

Where in Ct? Also will you be able to pick it up before we go in to set up? We had our spots “moved” so now do not have the neighbors space we used to buy. Oh our company name Das Bulli Haus and are legal for hire haulers with a 7 foot tall door on our trailer. Thanks

Hello All...

Thank you for the compliments. Yes, the restoration was featured last year (2020) in the may and June issues of Hemmings Classic Car.

I'd also like to take a moment to reply to the paint scheme.

Yes, I do have documentation for the paint scheme as being original to the truck. Since the build records were destroyed in the August, 1970 fire at The Henry Ford, what I have is evidence from the vehicle itself, evidence from other vehicles and evidence from research. It’s probably good for me to explain that a bit further.

First off, I have photos of the truck as I received it. More importantly, I have photos of the parts of the truck as it is being dismantled. Unexposed surfaces such as the inside of the headlight buckets, the fender at the point where that headlight stem is attached, the inner flanges of the fenders, and the inside rims of the wheels all give a good presentation of the Demonstrator Yellow used on the fender, wheels and pin-stripes.

Second, I have pictures of another 1938 Ford Tonner which was on the internet several years ago. It also was a dealer demonstrator model setup just like my truck with Demonstrator Yellow fenders and wheels and a chrome grill and chrome windshield frame.

Third, I have pictures also from the internet of another 1938 or ’39 Tonner cab which was painted entirely in Demonstrator Yellow.

Fourth, I have color charts which indicate that Demonstrator Yellow (Part No. M-1114) was a Ford color available in 1938.

Fifth, there is the discussion in James Wagner’s book, “Ford Trucks Since 1905” of how Ford presented its demonstrator models.

I’ll attach a couple of pictures. Thank you for asking.

Fender 1.jpg

Headlight Bucket.jpg

Headlight Buckets and Fenders.jpg

Wheels.jpg

Arrived3.jpg

• Like 2

I almost forgot that I need to reply to the reason I posted this in the first place, that is enclosed transport. I'm all set. This was more than I could have hoped for. I got responses in hours, and they truly fit what I was looking for.

Bob

• Like 1