67 Impala SS convertible

Missylob

I learned to drive on a 67 Impala convertible, which was my parents' family car. Later I had several 65, 66, 67, and 68 full size Chevy's, including a couple 427's, and several 396 cars. I love those cars.

More recently I have worked for many of the companies which manufacture and/or sell reproduction parts. So I can report that there is very little reproduction parts inventory to choose from...and no front fenders. Moreover, those cars rusted pretty badly. So if you find a really good un-rusted fender anywhere, I would recommend going for it, before it is gone. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:00 PM, lump said:

I learned to drive on a 67 Impala convertible, which was my parents' family car. Later I had several 65, 66, 67, and 68 full size Chevy's, including a couple 427's, and several 396 cars. I love those cars.

More recently I have worked for many of the companies which manufacture and/or sell reproduction parts. So I can report that there is very little reproduction parts inventory to choose from...and no front fenders. Moreover, those cars rusted pretty badly. So if you find a really good un-rusted fender anywhere, I would recommend going for it, before it is gone. Good luck. 

This was cool to read! My 17 yr old daughter bought this 67 Impala as her first car, it’s her dream car. Since we live in WI, it’s totally impractical for a teenager to buy a classic car as her first vehicle since it’s only gonna be used a few months a year but she got the car for $1200 so been stupid for her to turn it down. We aren’t gonna restore it to showroom quality but it’ll be nice enough for a 17-18 yr old. We’re working on it together and her dad is hoping to have it done by the time she graduates from high school. She’s an amazing kid that’s had a really tough life, she never complains or asks for anything so she deserves this car and is using her hard earned money, she works on my family’s farm, to help cover the cost of parts. Her dad and I are helping cover parts as much as we can as well. 
Really appreciate y’all giving suggestions and helping us with these fenders, car is pretty solid except for the front fenders so we got lucky there. 

88B9EB9B-6C9F-45AF-B26B-BC34511FB112.jpeg

2 hours ago, Missylob said:

Awesome! Soon as my old man is back home I’ll pass the message on to him. My name is Missy & his name is Kurt, we’ll be calling from a 715 area code. 

Was great talking to you George! After checking, there’s no Greyhound delivery near us so as long as it’s ok with you, we’ll plan on a long family road trip this weekend to pick the fenders and inner fender/s up. 
Thanks again!

• Like 1