‘36 Special fenders, hood, Roadmaster side mount covers

MrEarl

• 2 weeks later...
  • MrEarl changed the title to ‘36 Special fenders, hood, Roadmaster side mount covers

I would be inclined to run the Roadmaster sidemount covers separately as you are looking at a different market.

The hood sidepanel stainless, if in good condition, is valuable by itself as is the stainless hood centre piece - consider removing these and selling them as a separate group, also makes postage more manageable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 50jetback said:

I would be inclined to run the Roadmaster sidemount covers separately as you are looking at a different market.

The hood sidepanel stainless, if in good condition, is valuable by itself as is the stainless hood centre piece - consider removing these and selling them as a separate group, also makes postage more manageable. 

I hear ya Stuart. In fact I ran the sidemount covers for several months for $200 with no luck so decided to add them to this "package" to make it all more attractive. So far not working.

And actually I really like those stainless art deco side panels and have considered just using them as garage wall art . If no joy in selling at the current price, I may start looking for a front grille and headlights and create a yard art Special display to accompany the Manassas '36 Roadmaster😁 Thanks for your thoughts though, appreciated.

• Like 2

I see that you have the parts listed on ebay.  How many looks have you had? Anyone watching the auction? You probably have local pickup only, which keeps your potential buyer list really short. I have been selling on eBay for over 20 years, and Craigslist for almost that long. Rule of thumb, if you can mail it, ebay it. Large items that need picked up, use Craigslist. If you don't live in a large city,  place the add in the largest city near you with your location in the add, you might be surprised.  I live in a small area, and for cars/parts that are of a more special intrest, I list them in the largest city which is 135 miles away. So far everything has sold within a few days of placing the add.

If all else fails, take them to a swap meet, and after that....yard art.  😀

Edited by Sam I am (see edit history)
  • Like 1

We're thinkin alike @Sam I am 🙂 I was probably posting on Atlanta CL last night as you were posting this LOL    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/pts/d/hull-1936-buick-body-parts/7384227175.html

I'm not letting that hood go cheap as yea, I got a spot picked out on the wall in my Buick Sales and Service for it. I've got room in the truck to take it all to Hershey and will let the rest go for good prices. Appreciate your input, thanks!

Edit) @Sam I am in case you’re not familiar with Buick Sales and Service 😄D89BC833-F03A-42B0-BE4E-7FBAD74C4741.jpeg.ea4de2d13a57fed80bb419ad02e5f757.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 1937-44 said:

If you can't find a buyer you could also give Dave Tacheny a call and see if he is interested. I know he has purchased items from a friend.

That's the type of buyer I'm shooting for, someone who would buy all for resell. I'd give him a deal. Wonder if he goes to Hershey. Thanks 

12 hours ago, MrEarl said:

That's the type of buyer I'm shooting for, someone who would buy all for resell. I'd give him a deal. Wonder if he goes to Hershey. Thanks 

You can call him and see, but I don't think so. I have seen seen him at a number of the National meets. He's best reached at 763-427-3460 between 4 and 7 pm Central. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...