Can you help identify this car?

sébastienlebrun

My answer would be exactly what TAKerry said, its a race car. Something if I was invited to sit down in I would have difficulty getting up and out of !

It's why I like cars with running boards of older vintage - you climb up into or can open the door and just sit down into, no calisthenics involved. 🙃

• Like 5

906's are amazing. As is their current market value. But man, are they small ! They make my Lotus Europa seem " mid - sized ". Once I actually get in the Europa there is a reasonable amount of space, the P car, not so much. It's like a Lotus 23 coupe. Best if you are under 5'8".

1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 Race Car 7

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

x3 on getting in/out of low-slung cars, although climbing up into one also is getting to be a problem.  I bought a new Fiero which wasn't hard to get into and had enough room, but was so low I had to step up to get out.  😁  I'm pretty tall and wide and the first time I took it in for service, the manager watched me get out and said, "Wow, a big guy in a little car!"  🤣

Im not huge, but could stand to loose a few. At 57 my knees arent as good as they used to be. I have a hard time getting into and out of my wifes mustang. I cant imagine that Porsche. I saw some of those type of race cars first hand at the Simeone. My first thought was that the drivers must be like horse jockeys!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Walt G said:

My answer would be exactly what TAKerry said, its a race car. Something if I was invited to sit down in I would have difficulty getting up and out of !

It's why I like cars with running boards of older vintage - you climb up into or can open the door and just sit down into, no calisthenics involved. 🙃

Then you won't like the Lotus Elise (or Exige), with its high, 12" wide door sills, and one sinks down, very low into the seat.  I told the Lotus salesman at the car show when I sat in it, all the neighbors will be staring out the window as soon as you start it up, just to watch your wife lift up her dress all the way to get in and out of it!

Craig

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 1912Staver said:

906's are amazing. As is their current market value. But man, are they small ! They make my Lotus Europa seem " mid - sized ". Once I actually get in the Europa there is a reasonable amount of space, the P car, not so much. It's like a Lotus 23 coupe. Best if you are under 5'8".

Its 'six of one; half a dozen of the other'. 

Not sure how wide the sill is on a 906, but if its anything like a Lotus Elise, one needs long legs to step over the wide sill to get in and out of it.  

Craig