Remarkable Car With a Remarkable Price 1941 DeSoto Three Window Coupe for $29,500

I always eye over-accessorized cars with suspicion. It suggests an owner who wants to work on his car but doesn't know how to do anything of substance, so he just bolts on accessories to entertain himself. So you get these over-dressed cars with sub-standard mechanicals because they were owned by a guy who didn't know how to do much. And, of course, they presume that all the accessories add value.

That's the vibe I get from this car.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

I always eye over-accessorized cars with suspicion. It suggests an owner who wants to work on his car but doesn't know how to do anything of substance, so he just bolts on accessories to entertain himself. So you get these over-dressed cars with sub-standard mechanicals because they were owned by a guy who didn't know how to do much. And, of course, they presume that all the accessories add value.

thank you for verbalizing an idea that has never completely crystallized in my brain.  It reminds me of when I was 14 and wanted to do SOMETHING to my car but my abilities ended with a fancy license plate frame.

• Like 3

I found a huge crater on the sidewall of the front tire on my wife's car while removing them for replacement. The hubcaps have a nice "machine turned" custom finish on them also. Maybe the feelers aren't such a bad idea in some cases, but too many add-ons make anything look hideous.

This 1952 Chevrolet Styline made it onto this month's Uline calendar. Sweet car but the flags, feelers, headlight caps and windshield visor kind of kill it.

16311990158262887782930261917009.jpg

• Like 3

Sometimes you can accessorize to extremes, like a lady who goes way overboard on makeup😀.  These cars don’t appeal to me because the passenger area looks out of scale to the rest of the car.   In some body styles it works, but to my taste, this is not one of them.  

I take Matt's point, but it seems odd to apply it to this car which has a total of ... two accessories?  Apart from the curb feelers and the hideous fender guides, what else do you see?  As Hudsy says, this seems more an indication of white wall anxiety than a tendency to over accessorize.

Seems like a very nice car from the photos, but grossly overpriced in my opinion.

7 hours ago, supercub said:

I found a huge crater on the sidewall of the front tire on my wife's car while removing them for replacement. The hubcaps have a nice "machine turned" custom finish on them also. Maybe the feelers aren't such a bad idea in some cases, but too many add-ons make anything look hideous.

This 1952 Chevrolet Styline made it onto this month's Uline calendar. Sweet car but the flags, feelers, headlight caps and windshield visor kind of kill it.

16311990158262887782930261917009.jpg

Sometimes I think that those who pick the cars for calendars are just trying to find the flashiest car they can find that they think the public will want to look at. The more flash, the better. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 9:37 AM, Matt Harwood said:

Aftermarket bolt on goodies from Advance Auto never helped any vehicle.