1911 Model 20 Radiator

27oldsman

The radiator on my car was replaced at one time with a modern core.  As if that wasn't a bad enough sin they discarded the upper inlet "manifold" (for lack of a better term).  The inlet was moved to the top tank.

My guess is the manifold does not connect to the tubes directly, instead it must run to each side to the lowest points of the upper tank.  Let me know if I have that right.  The pics below are what is is supposed to look like, not from my car.

I would like to return it to it's original configuration.

Does anyone know where I might find a radiator or parts for it?

1911.JPG

model 20 Hupp.jpg

Edited by 27oldsman (see edit history)

If you  are  not  a member  of the  Hupp Club joining  our  club  would  be  a good  place to  find  the  parts  you  need.  We have  a great parts locater  that the  members can  place a want add for the  parts they  need. Members  that  own Model  20:s may  have the  part  you  need. As  a member  for 51  years  you  can  not  get  a  better  bang  for  your  buck.

I am a member of the Hupp Club however I tossed or lost the latest issue of the "Parts Locator".  I believe the only URL for the club is http://clubs.hemmings.com/hupmobile/ .  There is apparently no link or contact information for the "Parts Locator".  It's a great resource I'm sure but the lack of information makes it kinda useless if you needed something quick.  But then again I have all winter.

I did just find the editor for it and submitted it to him.

Dave

Edited by 27oldsman (see edit history)
  • Like 1