What is the Newest Surviving Model 48?

jrbartlett

Hello James, I have also heard mention that the 48 was available later than 1925.  I have not been able to verify that anything is surviving or was manufactured later than 1925.  My unrestored 1925 Locomobile 48 Demarest Limousine is 19206 numerically just a tad older than your Sportif.  It is possible that both of our Locomobiles were in the factory at the same time.  Have you driven you '25 much more than test runs?

Al

Hello James,

How do the serial numbers of the two unrestored 1925 Locomobile 48 projects owned by your fellow Texan Hugh compare with your very nice latest Locomobile acquisition?  I am also curious how my 1925 Demarest Limousine compare with your and his automobiles?

Al

• 4 weeks later...

As you get things in order and drive your 1925 Locomobile more, I am interested in more of your observations.  It is probably a significant improvement to have four wheel brakes!  The 12 volt electrical system is also a significant improvement over the 6 volt systems.  Did any small pieces come extra with your new Locomobile purchase?

Al

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...