1947 Cadillac series 75 Fleetwood $12,600

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/599499537735193/?

Driven 45,000 miles
Automatic transmission
Clean title
Pictures tell a thousand words. Cadillac Series 75 Fleetwood business sedan Ran when parked (over five years ago) Surface rust. Has been indoors most of its life. I just have too many projects and this one is getting neglected. Would love to see it go to a caring home.
May be an image of car
May be an image of outdoors
No photo description available.
No photo description available.

2 hours ago, kingrudy said:

How do you get that much rust on the grill when the car is sitting in doors most of it’s life?

I've seen cars that were indoors for 20-30 or more years and they rusted & sunk right into the dirt floor they were stored on. I've also seen cars stored in concrete floor/block walled buildings that were constantly damp & full of moisture that were turned into rust buckets.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 5219 said:

1947? That is definitely the one-year 1948 only dash.

You are correct. Good catch.  Seller doesn't know what he has and likely paid a LOT less than his asking price.  

As for the grille area, to restore it would cost upwards of $15,000 and then it would look new next to the original other parts of the body. 

I guess I would consider getting good used parts maybe.  

• Like 1

There's no better argument for buying the best you can afford than this car.

You should be able to get a running, driving 75 for the seller's asking price, but a better choice would be a nice driver with decent cosmetics in the $20K's.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1947-cadillac-75-2/

Edited by suchan
Added BaT link (see edit history)

On 8/28/2021 at 12:47 AM, 5219 said:

1947? That is definitely the one-year 1948 only dash.

Interesting!  Cadillac fitted a 1948 dash into a pre-war Model 75 body!  Huh?  Wonder if they thought that would bolster sales or they had just run out of the supply of old-style instruments?  The 75 Business Sedan nine passenger was sold primarily to the funeral and livery operators.

47 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Interesting!  Cadillac fitted a 1948 dash into a pre-war Model 75 body!  Huh?  Wonder if they thought that would bolster sales or they had just run out of the supply of old-style instruments?  The 75 Business Sedan nine passenger was sold primarily to the funeral and livery operators.

And they fitted a 1949 dash into the 1941-49 Series 75 body, as well....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimy said:

And they fitted a 1949 dash into the 1941-49 Series 75 body, as well....

Just the dash board??    Heck, the 1949 Fleetwood 75 (same prewar body) came with the 1949 overhead valve motor!   

Seeing an overhead motor under the hood of one of these is really strange. 

• Like 1