Fire Truck rims - question

For the Fire Truck ? I doubt that you are going to find anyone making them new. It's generally a matter of finding the best used ones possible unless a modern production . one piece rim can be substituted.  { same bolt pattern, diameter  and similar off set }.

I did buy some Firestone 9:00X20 'Transport 1' tires for my 2-ton Studebaker truck, but that was a few years ago now.  I will be buying some replacements at some point as they are getting to their 'due date' for age.

Craig

The lock rim  wheels are considered too dangerous to use.

If the lock ring is not properly set in the  rim, it could fly off and decapitate the user.

That is why a "cage" should always be used when inflating the wheel.

One problem is that the lock ring could get bent and not fit properly and another problem is that it is generally thought that you should never mix up the rim and lock ring up with another wheel.

• Like 1

Yes it’s for the fire truck and I know all about the dangers of lock ring rims. Two of the lock rings are broken and dad always told me that if a lock ring is bad, the rim is junk. He never mixed them no matter what. That’s why I’m looking for someone to make new ones I even thought of using 22.5s tubeless since they are close to the same id and have them modified to the same profile as the original are. I just haven’t found a company to do that yet. Mike

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Fire Truck rims - question
Mike, 
I saw your post about looking for rims for your fire truck. I can remember fixing many of these decades ago when I worked in a truck stop while I was in high school (always inflated them in a cage). I don't know where you're located, but there is a place near me that's been doing truck tire service for many, many years. They might have some of the old style rims you need, although shipping would probably hurt if you're far away, but just thought I would pass this along in case you want to give them a try. 
Weaver's Tire Service
1124 Division Hwy, Ephrata, PA 17522 

2 hours ago, Ray62 said:
Mike, 
I saw your post about looking for rims for your fire truck. I can remember fixing many of these decades ago when I worked in a truck stop while I was in high school (always inflated them in a cage). I don't know where you're located, but there is a place near me that's been doing truck tire service for many, many years. They might have some of the old style rims you need, although shipping would probably hurt if you're far away, but just thought I would pass this along in case you want to give them a try. 
Weaver's Tire Service
1124 Division Hwy, Ephrata, PA 17522 

Thanks. I’ll give them a call