1989 Chrysler Maserati TC

Suggestions/Help!

I recently bought an 89 Maserati TC that has not been driven much in the past few years.

If I drive it for over an hour the motor starts to “gasp for fuel” when accelerate or need more power for speed?

I ran a can of “Seafoam” in the gas tank and added some Seaform to the oil. Different product of course.

i changed the Fuel Filter but no help.

What am I missing?

Thank you very much for those who take time from their day to help!

Rick Strack

Welcome, not a mechanic but plenty are here and helpful.  At top right of tc forum page is a search icon. Click it and choose this forum only. Put in your question. Good luck. Are you member of Chryslertcbymaseraticlub.com? I would join if not.

Thanks Hemi!  I have joined the tcaownersclub and Bob helped me know where to send my $35.00 joining fee.  So far you and Bob are my only two knowledgable and immediate help friends.

This part may be something I already sent you but here is the update on my 1989 Chrysler Maserati TC

I put one can of Seafoam through in the gas tank and then used another Seafoam product that you put one fourth of a can in the oil filler.   Then about two weeks later I changed the Fuel Filter.   But I have this sad problem.  After I have been driving the car for about an hour it starts to shut down when I press down on the accelerator, sometimes dying on the spot.   If I let it sit for a few minutes it starts up again and I head for home.  I never get too far away due to this problem.

So now you hear another sad “Rick Story” but I hope I can figure this out.   You have a good and safe day!

Rick