re: purchasing new front suspension strut isolators for a 1990 Riviera.

Johnny Buick

Hello Everyone

I hope that someone will be able to suggest where I might go to purchase a new set of front suspension strut isolators, (top and bottom for both sides).

I have been working on my 1990 Riviera and getting it ready for the road trip to Chesterfield Missouri for the Heartland Regionals and this necessitated replacing front and rear suspension struts and fitting new brake hoses. While it wasn't easy, I was able to buy all the necessary parts, including the hardware. The exception being I have not been able locate the front strut isolators. I have spent the last two days on the internet, phone and visiting the local parts stores, with no luck. The GM parts numbers for the upper and lower isolators are; 22527191 and 22527192. These fit several different GM vehicles of this era.

Any comments or someone who has stock which they wish to sell please let me know.

Thank you

John

John,

I looked into the 86-93 Riviera & Reatta Parts & Illustration Catalog and the upper insolator is part # 22527791 and the lower part # is 22527792....I think you might of just "fat fingered" the part #'s.  The uppers' are common within the E platform for 86-93; the lower's are common for 86-92.  The 93 lower has a part # 1645053, but I couldn't see any difference looking at an illustration.  My guess is that these insolators are common among most front end Buicks of the era (turns out Cadillac front-end models up through the 2002 Eldorado used the same parts).  I checked RockAuto and I didn't have any sucess checking Reatta and Riviera.  You might try a suspension shop like Monroe, Gabriel, etc.

PS: I received your question/message on the subject via my home phone, but I thought I'd answer it here on the public forum so that it might benefit others.

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Like 1