Paint color for Sun Visor on a 1947 Chrysler town and country

I have sourced an original NOS sun visor for my 1947 Sumac Red Chrysler Town and Country. The one on the car was damaged and could not be repaired correctly. I am trying to find out if any one know what color the undersurface of those visors was originally painted? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1947 Town and Country 40.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the above light green color was a primer that was used on my 48. The under side, body primer and trunk interior ls that color.

I have a feeling that it is olive green (think military colors), maybe left over WWII surplus paint?   

On 9/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, Roger Walling said:

The under side, body primer and trunk interior ls that color.

I have a feeling that it is olive green (think military colors), maybe left over WWII surplus paint?   

The color is more of a gray green and not military.  I've heard stories that at the end of the day, Chrysler dumped all left over paint together and added enough black and white to come to a fairly consistent color.  I believe they were doing this by 1942, possibly 1941.  On the other hand Mercedes used surplus WWII military paint on inner panels until the 1960's.  They thinned it with gasoline because it was cheaper than lacquer thinner. 

• 2 weeks later...