Vendor Response for 2021 Hershey Fall Meet

qbansmokr

I'm guessing that those numbers are private.......Hershey is Hershey and after fifty years for me I will attend till I drop. Made my hotel reservations today, and the price was reasonable............

• Like 4

My first Hershey 1986 and haven't missed one since then. Really miss the early years with the project cars in the North Chocolate Field and the grass fields. The constant smell of chocolate and all the great collections under the tents.  Traveling up from Florida for the week and talked with a few friends and all will be there. It might be a little off but still a great show. 

• Like 3

Two things,

First Macungie PA show has had a lack of venders for the past 5 years.  The flea market is a far cry, from what it was, the first time I went in 1988.  

As for Hershey, the North Chocolate field ,is the best to be in. The only way to get a spot in the Chocolate field, is when someone  gives up their spot!! The fields to ask about are the Red,(it took me years to get out of that field.  It became so empty of spectators, it was nick named  "The Dead Field".)  And the, outskirts of the Orange field.

I'm not looking for a spot. I have been in the Green field right by the Giant Center for many years now. It's a very good location. This will be my 31st year vending and my 45th attending. I have been in every field including the White field when it was along Park Avenue, the White field on the blacktop of the airport runway, the Orange field when it was back on the golf course and so on.

I was just curious as to the renewal responses and what the turnout might be. This is definitely a bounce back year and I am looking forward to great weather and brisk sales.

Thanks

• Like 2

After spring registration, the VAST majority of the spaces were sold!  There are a few pockets in some fields unsold but the number is very minor.  Same with car corral and the car show.  Everyone is very happy with the response from people although some of you folks are the biggest procrastinators in the world!  For those looking for spaces for next year remember to apply during spring registration!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Never having attended Hershey (yes I know that is ridiculous for a car guy as old as I am) and having mobility issues I was wondering if there is a list of vendors and what their main car items might be.  As an example- parts for Buicks prewar or 30's Fords?   The reasoning for this request is simple, from all the talk about the size and the number of vendors my specific needs are very limited (38 Studebaker State Commander)  and I can't walk miles to find what I need. Also the possibility of being in the totally wrong field seems very high.  So if a list exist I may be able to narrow down my search. Any ideas where I might find that information?

dave s 

I could tell you, but then you wouldn’t get the “grand tour”. 

Sorry about the smart ass remark, I’m at the bar drinking. 😏

Its a long time past where any one particular thing can be found at Hershey. It’s now a crap shoot at best. Advertising in club publications is your best bet. Be sure you have a mobility scooter or you will NOT enjoy the experience. Don’t wait to buy one now if you don’t have one.......order it ASAP. It will make the entire experience ten thousand times better. Hell, I’ll even let you buy me lunch. 👍

• Haha 1

Mr. Ed, the car guy not he horse, needs to stay out of the bar as he gave you a very incomplete answer.  I try and try to straighten him out but well that's near impossible.  YES, there is a program (buy one quickly) that lists all the vendors by specialty codes.  So whether it is Ford Parts, Buick Parts, Tires, Publications, etc.  You can target your shopping experience.  Of course then there is the guy who has a smorgasbord of stuff that you have to root around in order to find that gem.  For me, that has always been the fun of the hunt and there have been many times I have found a part where I least expected it.  If you only have a short time the program will make things a lot simpler.

Now if you really want to be smart you come to our office on Monday or Tuesday and buy a program and them sit down and map out your journey on the maps in the program.  

Steve, after 49 years at the fall meet...........I must confess I don’t buy the booklet.........too cheap and dumb. We just walk EVERY row every year. 

Straighten me out......that’s a hopeless cause. 

Fortunately I’m at the bar and comfortably numb.......and currently working on getting unconscious. 🤫

On 8/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, qbansmokr said:

Does anyone have an idea about the vendor response for reservations for this years Hershey Meet? I'd like to get a percentage of how many vendors have re-upped this year. I heard that the show in Macungie PA this year was down about 40%.

What joy do you get from the negative outlook? Life gets shorter every day, I'm thankful the meet will take place and the people that make it possible need a thank you before, during, and after it is over. Bob 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

Steve, after 49 years at the fall meet...........I must confess I don’t buy the booklet.........too cheap and dumb. We just walk EVERY row every year. 

Straighten me out......that’s a hopeless cause. 

Fortunately I’m at the bar and comfortably numb.......and currently working on getting unconscious. 🤫

Glad you are enjoying your time in the bar. Now is probably the best time to get you to agree to find a needed part since you are half lit and walk every isle of Hershey! I’ll even provide a bottle or two of Woodford Rye if you find it! You can even invite Steve to sample some of that refreshment and maybe that will help reduce your debt! 

• Like 1

Thank you Steve for the accurate answer. I will definitely get a program. Then if I can’t locate what I need I’ll just get Mr Ed, the horse not the half lit master mechanic to carry me around to all the smorgasbord type vendors.
In truth I just have to figure out if these legs are up to any of it. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I can have my '38 Studebaker grille at my spot in Hershey waiting for you. I am at CCN 18, 19 and 20. This is a row that we call Antique Studebaker Row, which has at least 12 various prewar Studebaker  swap spaces! Includes the Antique Studebaker Club tent. I suspect it won't have the various venders listed in the directory. I need to know if you want it or not, as if I bring it along, I could possibly sell it to someone else.

Also, if anyone else has any Prewar Studebaker wants, let me know quickly as I am just starting to load up.

382.jpg.ef2a46ddbc826a41f7e8415024447c14.jpg

381.jpg

383.jpg

386.jpg

Edited by George Rohrbach (see edit history)