1957 Ford Thunderbird on BAT - Not Mine

This well-equipped 1957 Thunderbird is being offered for sale on Bring-a-Trailer. It has had the same owner for the last 45 years.  It was originally delivered to Parkway Ford in Pasadena, California in October 1957.

In 1975 it was given a concours level restoration by T-Bird expert Bill Daniels and after completing the restoration was entered in a regional meet in California where it won “Best of Show” and later elevated to Senior Status by the Classic Thunderbird Club International (CTCI).  This subject Thunderbird was featured on the cover of the Fall 1975 issue of Thunderbird Illustrated magazine and furthermore the restoration was featured in the same magazine in the Spring 1975 issue.

The car was delivered from the factory with the porthole hardtop only which was common in California cars at that time. The car was recently serviced including the following: New tires, battery, coil, spark plugs and tune-up as well as servicing the front wheel bearings, installing a rebuilt power brake booster, replacing the brake fluid, oil-change, new air cleaner, etc.

The car is well equipped with 3 spd. Ford-o-matic drive, Ford Master Guide Power Steering, Swift Sure Power Brakes and the engine dress-up kit.

I have been a friend of the owner for 20 years and know that he takes meticulous care of his cars. I have driven the car and it is a well sorted out car that is both in show or go condition. I have no financial interest in the sale of the car.702988741_DataPlate.jpeg.d5b15f24c5c2440880c7bb4c7230e48d.jpegDSC_0111-2.jpg.fe4cf272f28489aa4cdbee0e5d04aa5d.jpg

DSC_0113-3.jpg.cc7adc2ceb719c9b0b191e38d9bafb80.jpg

• Like 2

I always wanted a TBird. Just great looking, all American, girl next door beauty. I finally got one. After experiencing ownership and driving it, I fell out of love, sold it and told myself that I “got that out of my system”. Some time has passed...... I look at this picture, look away, look back again........that itchy feeling is coming back. It is all about the eye. This car in this color can lure you back in.  Didn’t Liz Taylor get remarried to one of her Eight husbands?

• Like 1

Lot #54018
Seller: JWH57T
Chassis: D7FH394113
31k Miles Shown, TMU
312ci Y-Block V8
3-Speed Automatic Transmission
Azure Blue Paint
Azure Blue Hardtop w/Porthole Windows
Two-Tone Blue Vinyl Upholstery
Chrome Trim
Town and Country AM Radio
Service Records
Power Assisted Brakes
Power Steering
Whitewall Tires
Chrome Hubcaps
Private Party Or Dealer: Private Party

1 hour ago, 1957Birdman said:

That would be Richard Burton. I'm not sure about the condition of the one you owned, but this is a well sorted out car that is at home on boulevard, open road, and at any car show. I wish I could afford it.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird Colonial White

Lew, I’m sure you have hit the nail on the head because my 55 was an average driver at best. It looked better than it was. This car does look nice and you know it personally . It is gorgeous. Richard Burton gives me a little bit of hope that I could have a TBird 2.0 moment someday. 

9A34DD7C-D623-4666-A176-4EC0EAD5654F.jpeg

Edited by John Bloom (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I like them as well, and may be looking for something when the boy gets his house (in process with a big garage..) and claims the SL as promised.  Would give us another indoor slot.  I like these but a second go around with a tri five Chevy is tempting also, seating for more than 2 is nice.  But I have had an early bird on want list for a while...

I think they're great-looking, underpriced cars. Wish I could own one, but with 32 inches (or so) of headroom, it'll never happen.

I already had my "driving while looking over the top of the windshield" moment with a Model A roadster.