How to ID this car

Ehtesham

Seeking help ( 1934 Dodge )
So as a kid growing up in the 90s i used to look up my window and see this car when i was about 9/10 years old. This specific car belonged to our neighbour at that time, somehow landed in Bangladesh in the 30s under British Colonisation. I am one of those lucky kids to be able to chase this and finally was offered this car last week. I took up the offer …and happily can claim this to be mine now 😃 😃 I am just sad that I cant see the car upfront again right now..
As I am in Australia at the moment, it also gives me unique opportunity to plug into community such as this page to seek help to dentify / understand the heritage of the car better. I am trying my best to gather as much information as possible remotely. I am sending my brother to take detail pictures of the car tomorrow. Would really appreciate your help if members here can point, what the best pictures I can ask to take. Where are the markings and which markings are the most important ones.

8c93baa2-d320-44b4-a0c6-235826554f35.jpg

• Like 1

She needs a little bit of lovin but at least it looks mostly complete. 
Sorry I can’t help you with identifying it as I’m not up to speed on the later dodge’s. 
Keep us up to date with the progress on it. 
looks like someone went mad with the blue paint but that’s probably a good thing as it’s probably help preserve it a little. 

A '33 and '34 are possibly the most stylish DBs built. DO your research before getting started. The AACA library would be a good place to start as that is where the Dodge Brothers Club stores it's literature. Get a copy of the owner's manual, which is called the Book of Information, to get you started. It will answer many of your questions. 

2 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

A '33 and '34 are possibly the most stylish DBs built. DO your research before getting started. The AACA library would be a good place to start as that is where the Dodge Brothers Club stores it's literature. Get a copy of the owner's manual, which is called the Book of Information, to get you started. It will answer many of your questions. 

The 1933 and 34 books are actually called "owner's instruction manual".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401018840197?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1nl_p8STcTQq5pgQMeg-cZA23&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=401018840197&targetid=1262906534562&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9033112&poi=&campaignid=12873833206&mkgroupid=123950846602&rlsatarget=pla-1262906534562&abcId=9300536&merchantid=6304244&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-LTX_9_C8gIVNRh9Ch2OKQ-REAQYASABEgIsAfD_BwE

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

You really have come to the right place for info on your 34.  Lots of people with information about these very nice cars.  I personally have a 34 Dodge DRXX coupe and a 34 Plymouth PE 4-dr sedan, which is very similar (although both of them have the steering wheel on the other side!!)  There is a long-running discussion by an extremely talented guy in Australia that is restoring his 34 Dodge DR 4-door sedan, lots of tips and information there.  Keiser (who is a wealth of information in his own right) is correct that the Owner's Manual and Parts Manual for these cars are fairly easy to find on ebay, etc., both originals and reprints.  Absolutely essential for restoration.  I have copies of just about everything Mopar from 34 in the way of printed material so if you have a question I probably can answer it for you.  Lots of people here with similar information banks that are always willing to help.  Welcome and good luck with your find.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi, I understood that you identified the car as a DRXX. I assume you might know what's the difference are bwtween DR and DRXX. The only documentation in this topic I found so far is this, https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/1934-dodge-drxx-dr-and-ds not sure it's correct. 

I have looked in to the part catalog as well but still have a hard time figuring out how you know what's what.

I know the engine size are different but what else?

11 hours ago, Magnus707 said:

Hi, I understood that you identified the car as a DRXX. I assume you might know what's the difference are bwtween DR and DRXX. The only documentation in this topic I found so far is this, https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/1934-dodge-drxx-dr-and-ds not sure it's correct. 

I have looked in to the part catalog as well but still have a hard time figuring out how you know what's what.

I know the engine size are different but what else?

You may consider "The Dodge Story" by Thomas A. McPherson. I believe that book will have most of what you're interested in learning about them (along with many other sources of material). 

Or, if you ask around others may be willing to share pages that are specific to your needs. Are you rebuilding one or just curious?

At any rate, here is what the book looks like if your interested.

image.png.4ae05b519e7145e682774fd529ae6e81.png

EDIT:

Here's one for $10 on eBay currently. Not in perfect condition but well worth his asking price for a hard cover.

The DODGE Story by Thomas McPherson Crestline Auto Book | eBay

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Magnus707 said:

Thanks for the tips absolut the Dodge Story. I bought it 😀.

I have a Dodge DR two doors sedan from 1934. My plan is to restore the car as it came from the factory.

I believe it’s a DR and not a DRXX but I am not sure.

The more I look at it, the more I believe that, too.