Jump to content

1934 Dodge


knobless
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not that big a problem as I have a seal setting tool.  I replaced the bearings (two on each axle with a ridge between them).  You have the inner seal, spacers, the inner bearing race, the bearings, the outer bearing race and the outer seal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Taylormade said:

Not that big a problem as I have a seal setting tool.  I replaced the bearings (two on each axle with a ridge between them).  You have the inner seal, spacers, the inner bearing race, the bearings, the outer bearing race and the outer seal.

Thanks, just ordered inner from Then and Now, be here Wednesday, time to get cracken “ thanks again

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2021 at 6:01 AM, knobless said:

Thanks, just ordered inner from Then and Now, be here Wednesday, time to get cracken “ thanks again

 

The inner seals went well, both sides were leaking, bearings and race are in good shape, the only problem is there were 2 shims behind the race’s, does anyone know where I can find these? Thanks, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, knobless said:

The inner seals went well, both sides were leaking, bearings and race are in good shape, the only problem is there were 2 shims behind the race’s, does anyone know where I can find these? Thanks, 

Any reason you can’t reuse the old ones?

 

For what it is worth, the shims are to compensate for manufacturing/machining tolerances on the axle housing so shouldn’t change for that housing after it left the factory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ply33 said:

Any reason you can’t reuse the old ones?

 

For what it is worth, the shims are to compensate for manufacturing/machining tolerances on the axle housing so shouldn’t change for that housing after it left the factory.

Slightly deformed but may be possible, just thought a new set would seat better,,both shims are about 1/2 the thickness of a dime, can’t that do much to limiting tolerance, if they are not used, 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...