For Sale: 1963 Plymouth Valiant 4dr Sedan - $8,250 - APPLETON, WI - Not Mine - Relisted, price: $8,000. Aug 20, 2021:

For Sale: 1963 Plymouth Valiant 4dr Sedan - $8,250 - APPLETON, WI - Relisted, price: $8,000. Aug 20, 2021: see new link below.

1963 Plymouth Valiant - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1963 Plymouth Valiant- Slant 6, 225 motor. 83,900 miles VG++ to Excellent.  Rare survivor car. Classic, simple, and extremely reliable.  Green interior is in amazing original condition.  Stored in heated garage every winter I’ve owned it.
Upgrades:  Pertronix electronic ignition, new tires, motor mounts, manual choke, carburetor rebuild,
new leaf springs and shocks, seatbelts added in back seat, new valve cover gaskets, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, new alternator and fan belts, new brake master cylinder, new (used) push button transmission control. Majority of mechanical work completed at Classics Mechanics Garage in Neenah. An original owner’s manual, some spare parts, and my service records included.
The second owner purchased the car from first owner’s estate in Houston, TX (1990’s?) and brought it to Wisconsin. I bought it from 3rd owner in 2014.  No trades. No shipping. No BS.

Copy and paste in your email:  08e2958c15243443a6f572b9ee14df75@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Plymouth Valiant 4dr Sedan.

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI a.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI b.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI c.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI d.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI e.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI f.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI g.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI h.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI i.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI j.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI k.jpg

'63 Plymouth Valiant WI l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Relisted, price: $8,000. Aug 20, 2021: (see edit history)
  • Like 4

So I was driving with a friend riding with his camera yesterday for a few hundred miles, partly country roads.

He kept seeing Darts and Valiants among other interesting rides and pointing them out to me.

I may have caught a glimpse of a couple of them.

Guess who it was.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

2 hours ago, supercub said:

These were the ultimate old lady cars, typical widowed 70 to 80 yrs old sharp-tounged, rounded curly white hairstyle, tweed dress, large pearl necklace and handbag, small ankle biter doggie riding shotgun, off to the canasta club. 

And, if you crossed her, you'd wished you hadn't!

44 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

These were the ultimate old lady cars, typical widowed 70 to 80 yrs old sharp-tounged, rounded curly white hairstyle, tweed dress, large pearl necklace and handbag, small ankle biter doggie riding shotgun, off to the canasta club. 

Funny you mentioned that as my Grandmother had two of them. Last being a 66'. Good solid, dependable transportation. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 2:31 PM, supercub said:

Absolutely correct except the hair must be blue.  I don’t know how rare they are as almost every summer I see a few around our little town. Occasionally in the winter as well. 

I had a great widowed aunt that lived up the street from us, early 70s, she had one, and all of her lady friends drove the same iteration of the car. They used to gather to play cards at her house, sometimes there would be a half dozen of these granny rods parked outside of her house.

To add, in the 80s, I dated a woman that had a wagon of the same bloodlines, I was always looking for excuses to drive it, being a rare bird and like the ones that I remembered growing up.

Edited by supercub (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 6:40 PM, Fossil said:

Funny you mentioned that as my Grandmother had two of them. Last being a 66'. Good solid, dependable transportation. 

My grandmother had a 64 but it had the 273 V8 and bucket seats.

So I guess she was cooler than I thought at the time.

Jim

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/19/2021 at 7:59 PM, plymouthcranbrook said:

Absolutely correct except the hair must be blue.  I don’t know how rare they are as almost every summer I see a few around our little town. Occasionally in the winter as well. 

The blue hair is much more rare now than it used to be. I used to think it was a mandatory option on any woman aged 60 or more.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ericmac said:

The blue hair is much more rare now than it used to be. I used to think it was a mandatory option on any woman aged 60 or more.

I guess to be exactly correct the Blue haired old lady should be driving a big big car(Cadillac, Olds, Buick, etc.)and have to look between the steering wheel and the dash.

• Haha 1

Maybe out in CA the old ladies did the blue hair thing to regain their youth, they probably drove Chevelles with 3 on the column but still 4 door, not push button auto. But the fair ladies of CT in the 60s and 70s had the standard issue white dye and tweed, wool, fancy hat.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 8:42 PM, plymouthcranbrook said:

I guess to be exactly correct the Blue haired old lady should be driving a big big car(Cadillac, Olds, Buick, etc.)and have to look between the steering wheel and the dash.

In the mid 1970s I worked in a Gulf gas station in Sacramento, Ca.   One of our regular customers was a tiny elderly woman who could barely see over the dash of her 1960 Cadillac 7 passenger sedan.   That was her only car and she never had passengers.   

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1963 Plymouth Valiant 4dr Sedan - $8,250 - APPLETON, WI - Not Mine - Relisted, price: $8,000. Aug 20, 2021:

Too bad it's not closer, it would be a great car for my wife, her 03 Corolla is rusting out and tires are bald. It's in the price range for sure, and with the price drop especially. She isn't gray or blue haired yet, but that sweet 225 will outlast that for sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, supercub said:

Too bad it's not closer, it would be a great car for my wife, her 03 Corolla is rusting out and tires are bald. It's in the price range for sure, and with the price drop especially. She isn't gray or blue haired yet, but that sweet 225 will outlast that for sure.

Certainly could be depending on where you live. Not the best snow car.