What are your plans for Fall Hershey?

starfireelvis

Continuing the tradition of walking the Flea Market with friends on Thursday & Friday hunting for car part "Easter Eggs".

Visiting with old friends at their Flea Market Spaces and running into other friends walking in the Flea Market as well. 

Judging on Saturday and will have a car in the Driver Participation Class.

As many have mentioned Hershey is 1) about old cars - because that is what brought us all together 2) Seeing in person the people that we have seen for years and meeting the new ones , and I think many new ones because of these forums !  Nothing like Hershey . My son and I will arrive mid day on Tuesday and set up in the NE corner of the Red Field . Mostly WWI to  WWII era parts . RNG 10 & 11. Many good suggestions here - as Steve M. suggests BUY A PROGRAM ! And  t shirt to commemorate the great time.

Most of the walking I do will be to visit friends, and to the spaces of the Buick Club and the Society of Automotive Historians. I would be very happy to be able to buy a 20 inch wire wheel and lock ring as a spare for my 1930 Packard 733. Will try to post a photo or two of some of the stuff I will bring.

• Like 3

We've almost finalized our team for Hershey. The Harwood family will be in car corral spaces B67-B69 with these cars:

001.JPG.21c8932e99f057e2b1030f1e98b772b9.JPG

001.JPG.78080de46ad809a9d0a95a9f7ca20e55.JPG

Plus one of these. We don't have the Mustang yet but it should be delivered tomorrow (I bought it sight-unseen at the Mecum Dallas auction and I need to make sure it's good to go):

001.JPG.ec580dc312157b48bf1a77590ffdcc0f.JPG  8.JPG.3dfaf294cbec925dae7399769fa4deb1.JPG

• Like 3

My wife and I will be at GBF-31-34, a few spaces down from the Hyman tent.  Will have a bunch of stuff for sale, Pierce Arrow parts and memorabilia, probably some Hupp Model 20 stuff, early Pierce (Buffalo) bicycles if they fit in the Suburban, lots of good odds and ends.  Stop and say hi!!  Better yet, buy!

• Like 3

We'll be staying at the Elizabethtown-Hershey KOA again this year and bringing a bunch of '36 and 54-55 Buick parts to sell. I was a bit disappointed in getting spots in the red field, RSD 13,14,15, which are back behind the Chocolate Factory and below the stadium but am hearing it may not be so bad after all. A friend who's never been to Hershey is coming with me so look forward to showing him around.

Always enjoy staying at the KOA, sitting around a fire telling lies in the evenings and hitting some good breakfast and dinner spots on the way in and back.

450FA9FD-9677-4418-8B39-A0E3168A6353.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MetroPetro said:

Will be set up in row RSD too with friends. Lots of good vendors there in that corner. We are one row over from the racers. Always good selection of automobilia, petroliana, NOS parts, early parts, license plates, oil cans, signs, etc etc to see.

Well dang, it just keeps getting better. Look forward to seeing you @MetroPetro  Looking for Buick, Sinclair and Goodyear goodies. Heres some of the '36 body parts I'll be bringing IMG_4532.JPG.bc563c6b0d33385eb7516785cec67e88.JPG

• Like 1

I am north of the stadium in the Right hand corner about as far NE as you can get.  Lots of people walking by because of the parking area for modern cars across the road. I am in row RNG.  Will post some photos on here of some of the stuff I will be bringing along in the next few weeks.

It will be great to say hello in person Lamar and to Metro Petro too! 

Walt

• Like 5

My first trip was in 2012 after i purchased the 1930 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton canopy Express, hunting for parts and pieces. first trip and man was i overwhelmed. 

plan to go again this year, as i have off and on since 2012,. not every year.

been going up with a friend, and we take his RV and camp at the Hershey Campground. beautiful place, get up shower eat and head to the fields, spend the day hunting and looking around, talking to old friends and making new ones. then go back fix up some dinner, and either hang out or go look at the car corral or auction. then repeat. 

we usually go up on Wednesday morning and head back after the show on Saturday. nice long weekend away from home. even if we do not find anything it is nice to get away and relax amongst old cars and friends.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BearsFan315 said:

My first trip was in 2012 after i purchased the 1930 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton canopy Express, hunting for parts and pieces. first trip and man was i overwhelmed. 

plan to go again this year, as i have off and on since 2012,. not every year.

been going up with a friend, and we take his RV and camp at the Hershey Campground. beautiful place, get up shower eat and head to the fields, spend the day hunting and looking around, talking to old friends and making new ones. then go back fix up some dinner, and either hang out or go look at the car corral or auction. then repeat. 

we usually go up on Wednesday morning and head back after the show on Saturday. nice long weekend away from home. even if we do not find anything it is nice to get away and relax amongst old cars and friends.

We've all got our Hershey routines.  Of course mine involves an earlier start to scrounge through multitudious antique shops and flea markets along the way.  I've got my favorite (top secret) places and never come away empty handed - except for 2020 of course.   See you there - and by-the-way, thanks for all your hard work on the TRAACA Annual Car Show this past weekend.

Terry

On 9/24/2021 at 8:07 AM, oldford said:

Will you have some Moxie to go with that Spam?

Frank

On 9/24/2021 at 2:58 PM, 95Cardinal said:

Maybe a Faygo Red Pop or Cream Soda!

It’s Ginger Ale for me 😊 Good for what ales ya

• Like 1