What are your plans for Fall Hershey?

starfireelvis

Every year, someone starts a thread regarding what we are doing regarding our excursion to Fall Hershey, whether it be vending or taking a vehicle to show or sell, etc., so I might as well get the ball rolling.  Should be a fun and lengthy list of postings by the time October rolls around and The Week is here.

As per usual, I plan on arriving on Tuesday afternoon, and spending the next three days canvassing the swap meet and car corral, covering as much ground as I am able.  Then, come early Saturday morning at the crack of dawn, will make my way to the show field with my 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire Coupe, as I take part in the greatest car show on Earth.

I have attended Fall Hershey for 20 years, only missing last year, and five years ago when I was recuperating from knee surgery.  I look forward to seeing everyone there, and reading what you’ve posted regarding your plans.   

50021F3A-6A95-4610-B2B3-9E365F3FAA58.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the US land border from Canada will be open by then as I have my hotel reservations made already.  Hopefully if the border does open the regulations are not to restrictive other than proof of being double vaxed. 

• Like 2

The ? is- what are your plans for Hershey. Mine are- go, buy, sell, meet old friends, have a great time. 

See you there.

Terry

• Like 6

It will be fifty one years for me if I walk on the field this years since my first trip...........happy to have spent a lifetime walking the corn fields of Pennsylvania buying junk........I’m old! 

Edited by DAVE A
remove bad language (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

We're coming in a day late (for us). We usually arrive on Monday, but thanks to the ever rising hotel room rates, we are coming in on Tuesday. Typically, our first 2 days there are roaming the area to visit several of the antique centers or stores. Always find good things in those establishments. Wednesday begins our 3 day jaunt through the swap meet. Saturday is our travel day. We no longer venture into the car show, haven't done that in years. Last time we did that, there was a blue Tucker in the show. The owner was trying to demonstrate how it ran, but it kept stalling, only running for a few seconds and it was extremely loud. I have it on video. Gotta look for that someday!

Anyway, we are really looking forward to our trip this year. I know it will be spectacular!

Check to see if your places survived the pandemic..........Pennsylvania was locked down long and tight........half the business didn’t survive. That goes for restaurants and everything else.

Hans1

• 2,500+ Points
  • My 58 th year in a row. Was there last year and met friends.

Will be  camping with my friends, one who is 99, will be 5 months short of 100 at Hershey.  Met him there about 53 years ago.

I am usually out the door of motor home at 8 and return about 7pm. 

Just love looking every where, and seeing folks I have met.....................

• Like 2

Hershey just happens, I've never really had a plan, same spaces we've had for years along with the same neighbors. I've shown up with a lot of play money and other years close to broke, but there is always a buyer for the stuff I drag down there, most forgettable junk, but there have been some great stories with some sales and buys. This will be my 51st, not really looking for anything, but will know what I want when I see it, seeing old friends is the main reason I go. 

Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I asked for info on Hershey. plan to go in 2022.

No one called me back..

I wanted to take my kid to get him hooked..

Right now I may not do anything to get the young car collector hooked on this stuff.. 

My Dad got me hooked.. Now I am  not so hooked..

I could list of few items. but will not do this..

Just a few  car insurance  sheets..

IMG_2641[7142].JPG

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

Nick, not trying to be a jerk but what is it you need to know?  Lot's of collective Hershey knowledge here, possibly the best source anywhere especially if your asking about hot spots maybe, for marque specifics.  

Maybe wherever you called was not best venue, or they needed a gentle nudge, both AACA HQ, and the Hershey Region are likely pretty busy this time of year.

Hope you make the trip, it is a great event and even some who attend the elite concours rank Hershey equal or above those events.  Just some words of encouragement if your contemplating the trip.

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

Hershey is always a blast.  As much fun or more than going to Pebble.

I totally agree! Apples & oranges in many ways so it isn't an even comparison. Both our kids and grandkids made it to Hershey before their first birthdays. Fun to watch a 9 year old wheel & deal. Bob 

7 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Nick, not trying to be a jerk but what is it..........

Too late!

Cut me some slack, I’m still haven’t fell off the bar stool.........yet............🤭

I only drink to make other people more interesting! Especially AJ.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Nick, not trying to be a jerk but what is it you need to know?  Lot's of collective Hershey knowledge here, possibly the best source anywhere especially if your asking about hot spots maybe, for marque specifics.  

Maybe wherever you called was not best venue, or they needed a gentle nudge, both AACA HQ, and the Hershey Region are likely pretty busy this time of year.

Hope you make the trip, it is a great event and even some who attend the elite concours rank Hershey equal or above those events.  Just some words of encouragement if your contemplating the trip.

Very true but I sure would like to know who you called Nick.  We have answered thousands of calls, mailed thousands of brochures, have info on the website and unless there was some sort of weird issue (we have had people call and ask for info without identifying themselves) our staff knows the hard and fast rule:  answer everyone!!

I've never been there before, so this is all new to me. I plan to roll into the campground tuesday or so, spend a lot of time roaming the swap meet, then on Saturday show my 67 GTX. What else should I do?

Also there is a meet at Carlisle the week before. Since I'm coming all the way from Minnesota, is the Carlisle event worth coming early for?  

I'll be coming solo, is there any cruise or social activity?

Edited by Hemi Joel (see edit history)

Hershey is perhaps the biggest social activity in the old car hobby. No doubt you'll meet new and old friends there. Wandering thru the swap meet, enjoying the fellowship in restaurants and pubs, even going over to the RM Auction at the Hershey Lodge will fill the week.   No comments on Carlisle, have not been in many years.

Terry

• Like 2

Joel, buy a program real quick.  It will list some nighttime entertainment and then there is the RM Auction.  While you need a pass to get in, they have TV's in the lobby showing the action and some folks just like to be outside watching the cars roll in.  You will find lots of folks roaming the aisles at night, looking at the cars in the car corral too.  If you have the time available Carlisle is certainly worth attending and many take in both events.  Monday would be a "free" day and you could vists museums in town, got to Chocolate World, take the trolley and learn about Milton Hershey and visit the new AACA building. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hemi Joel said:

I've never been there before, so this is all new to me. I plan to roll into the campground tuesday or so, spend a lot of time roaming the swap meet, then on Saturday show my 67 GTX. What else should I do?

Also there is a meet at Carlisle the week before. Since I'm coming all the way from Minnesota, is the Carlisle event worth coming early for?  

I'll be coming solo, is there any cruise or social activity?

carlisle has no actual car show. large swap meet. will have more muscle car era parts and cars for sale

• Like 1

We'll be there Thursday through Saturday, looking forward too it after last year's 'dry spell'.   Never been disappointed yet, always some cars show up I've always hoped to see.  I think its really nice of the owners to go to all the trouble and expense to delight me...

• Like 1

Hemi Joel,

With a car that NEW, and a MOPAR to boot, you actually are not going to find many parts for that car at either show.... 

HERSHEY is the Greatest  Car Event on the Planet --- but it is pretty much 1900s -- 1950s & some 1960s & 1970s , but much more G M and Ford and automotive related.....

Fall Carlisle is 1950s -- 1980s , but I am the only MOPAR vendor there, because I do G M and Ford, also.... I am at I L 78 - 80 @ Fall Carlisle....

There will be A LOT more MOPAR in July at Chryslers  @ Carlisle, the # 1 MOPAR  event  in the  Universe.....

Go with a great attitude and an open mind... they are both phenomenal  shows.... It can be two weeks of HEAVEN ON EARTH !!!! For you and for everyone  !!!!

Yours, Craig... (I bleed Purple.... SKOL VIKINGS !!!!)

• Like 2

I cant wait for Hershey! One of the few things I look forward too. I know, I live a pretty meager existence.

My first order of business when I get there is to look for Ed travelling around in his now famous White! 

Hemi Joel, IF you have the chance, and since you are travelling across the country you should def. make plans to hit up Carlisle. Like others have said it is more 'muscle car' related. Def worth a trip. Its only an hour or so away from Hershey (at the most) it will be on the way. Hershey is great fun. My cars are 1970's vintage so I dont really go to hershey looking for stuff but I still go every year just to walk around and look at everything. I try to hit Carlisle in the spring Hershey in the fall.

I plan on going Thursday, Friday if my wife wants to go. She is not into cars but the last couple of years she went with me and had a great time. 

As far as restaurants, if you have favorites I would  not loose faith. I travel in Lanco quite frequently and havent noticed any large scale shut down of old favs. In fact things seem to be booming. Im sure Hershey faired well too.

Making a note of some of the guys whom listed vendor spots. I will stop by and say Hi.

• Like 1

Over fifty years at Hershey and still loving it.  Stop by C2F 51 - 53 and buy one piece or everything in the tent and surrounding spaces.

Come by early for best selection, come by Friday before 2pm for "what do you want to pay, we're not taking this home".

Hank Feinberg and Dale Powers

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 2:09 PM, Walt G said:

Hank & Dale are cool guys , the very best ( hey they put up with me for years! and still admit they know me - sometimes , maybe ) and no they didn't pay me to make this statement! 😄😄

Walt

Walt , I am fairly shocked you count the illustrious Hank Feinberg as a friend!  We now share one more thing in common.  Hank was a customer of mine at my Olds dealership and a good friend in Northwest Indiana along with his running mate Gary Greenbaum.  Small world, this car world.  Hank, sorry no RR in the garage so I am probably not going to be a good customer. 

I cant wait for Hershey! One of the few things I look forward too. I know, I live a pretty meager existence.

My first order of business when I get there is to look for Ed travelling around in his now famous White! 

Unfortunately, family illness prevents me from taking the White this year. 

Just now, Restorer32 said:

We will be there selling show quality frame up as well as partial restorations.  Stop by RWO 8-17 to discuss your project.  Our 54th Hershey.

"selling show quality frame up as well as partial restorations"

I would like to purchase "one to go".  See, I'm just as reasonable as every other customer! 

Also, I can report my good friend was very happy with your service of his 1935 Pierce V-12 at you shop. I will confess that I sent him to you. Ed

• Haha 1