3.4/1 ratio for sure!

2carb40

IMG_20210817_131149.jpg.3d091edf9efbc4234cde46de2ee0ad75.jpgIMG_20210817_131042.jpg.af5e0bc1788534e66cf0c5c315dd7756.jpgGot this rear end from a 1955 Century at French Lk Auto in Annandale MN. Cleaned at the car wash and was wondering if these orange and yellow marks were factory  marks for assembly line ID? Anyone got the facts as Sargtent Joe Friday always needed! Still hafta off load and remove cover to chk #s. Details to follow!

Edited by 2carb40 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2carb40 changed the title to 3.4/1 ratio for sure!

So,

22.27% reduction in RPMs at the same MPH ,

or actually turning only 77.73% as many RPM at same MPH,

So, if you had been running at 3,000 RPM

Now only turning 2,332 RPM.

Surely a more comfortable drive-

But remember, your brakes are still 1940 vintage, 

so passing that exotic Maserati at 85 mph may still not be the best plan?

Congrats

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haha! A shared sense of humor! Yes, even switching to the Roadmaster backing plates and drums on the shelves all this long time ain't gonna turn my Supers into competitive racers against today's high tech rides! I'm thinking they will need converting to hydrogen fuel if they are to have a chance at remaining internal combustion rigs in the not to distant future! I think they are pretty enuff to the general public not to suffer a forced trip to the scrapyard anyway. A local guy put a hydrogen cell on our Toyota Sienna van we owned a while back, brought the mpg up by half again as much. Froze in the winter tho. Just couldn't drain it all the way dry in time. Phun experiment tho. Hindenburg be damned. See what happens when yer old and can't sleep! Ya ramble on sometimes. I need a little more time. I've got a couple nice Mikuni-Solex side drafts I'd like to try out on the 263 I'm putting in the 40 Super cpe. Two small turbos spooling up quick with um would add to the phun. Oh well, good nite all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1