41 "body" serial number location and stamping size?

gmoldmule

I recently picked up a 41 Custom Torpedo and am still trying to get a power of attorney from the original owner's daughter/executor of his estate.  She messed up filling out the title, lives out of state and is ghosting me now that she has the power of attorney form...   I may try to bond for a title, but, doubt I can get an official vin inspection due to lack of numbers.  I have a scan of the front of the title from the lady, the guy selling the cars for her tossed the old title when he saw it was messed up.

I found the frame stamp next to the steering gearbox, but, it only has the last 3 numbers remaining and only parts of two other letters...   The body tag under the hood on the firewall does not have serial number info on this year. 
I have the Pontiac Catalog and shop manual, plus some searches say on the left side of the dash.  But, I can't see anything and have no idea how big the stamping would be.  Anyone have one they can show me? 

I'm hoping I can make a case for the Vin inspector since the last 3 numbers on the frame are visible.

There is also another tag(serial number)on the firewall, if someone has not removed it. Tag is mounted with 2 screws and is located just above the voltage regulator, and just below the firewall tag you mentioned. Attached is a picture of my tag. Also most prewar cars had the engine number on the title, not the frame number.

DSCN5850.JPG

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)

Thanks for the pic.

The body tag on the firewall is still there, but, it doesn't give any serial number info other than the plant it was made in. 
I can't find any spots on the dash or body where the serial tag you posted would have been attached.  I looked for holes originally and assumed the number had been punched in...  It's frustrating.  My 40 Plymouth Coupe had everything where it was supposed to be and perfectly readable.  I had a 1924 Buick Roadster that still had the tag like pictured above mounted to the frame.  Seems Pontiac was flying by the seat of their pants pre WWII. 

2021-07-29 14.31.16.jpg

2021-07-29 15.35.46.jpg

Forgot.  The 41 was the last year to not have the engine and body serial numbers matching.  The serial on the title scan I have uses the number stamped on the frame - from what I can tell.   Part of the P and JC are kind of readable, then the last 3 are easy to make out.