For Sale: 1939 Plymouth 4 dr Sedan - $13,000 - KENMARE, ND - Not Mine

For Sale: 1939 Plymouth 4 dr Sedan - $13,000 - KENMARE, ND

1939 plymoth - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

1939 Plymouth 4 dr with suicide doors, flathead 6 engine, 3 on the tree tranny, new upholstery--glass--tires--fuel pump-- ball joints--brakes, runs and drives great, motor has 45lb lbs oil pressure, odometer: 36000

Copy and paste in your email:  503a4091c98b39b090747ffa737a6b74@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1939 Plymouth 4 dr Sedan.

'39 plymouth ND a.jpg

'39 plymouth ND b.jpg

'39 plymouth ND c.jpg

'39 plymouth ND d.jpg

'39 plymouth ND e.jpg

'39 plymouth ND f.jpg

'39 plymouth ND g.jpg

'39 plymouth ND h.jpg

'39 plymouth ND i.jpg

'39 plymouth ND j.jpg

Not a bad looking car but I wish they would have left the shifter on the floor where it belongs. I never got used to reaching around the steering wheel to shift. 

• Haha 1

It became “modern” to have the shift on the column and enjoy the additional front seat space gained from the move.  Then as young hot rodders, me included on my 1955 Chevy, we put the shifter back on the floor.  It later transpired to sporty cars had floor shifts and family cars had column shift.  Today the gearshift is all over the place.  Seems like we can never make up our mind🤷‍♂️.

• Like 2

The 39's with the column  shifter had their own set of woes. The linkage is unique to this year only and the cables and such are a real pain to adjust (if you have them) impossible to find "spares" or replacements too.

• Like 2

In fine condition these cars can make a great second family car as-is, for the price.

I had off and on care of an original 39, 4 door with a rebuilt engine in it,in the early 1990's.

The column shift was odd to me on a prewar car with running boards but I got use to it.

I drove down and back to a Hershey meet weekend from Connecticut ,55-60 MPH and it was a pleasure all the way.

Not much on looks but the car was a champ and comfy.

• Like 1

My 39 vert was a column shift. But! 1st gear was so close to the steering wheel that you had to do a hand over hand motion to turn the wheel !!!  Real P.I.T.A. and I could never get used to that.

• Like 1