55 dodge royal master cylinder

Bobb44

I work on and restore old cars from 1903 to 1980. I have a 55 Dodge Royal Lancer in my shop with master cylinder broke.

I'm looking to install another master cylinder minus the booster. Customer doesn't care about power brakes. The firewall has 4 bolt holes that mounted the previous booster. This car is unique from all other Dodges when it comes to Power Brakes.

Drum brakes front and rear. One line from Master cylinder. does anyone know of a master cylinder that will bolt up to this firewall?

About 6/7 years ago, I resurrected a 1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer. The car was put back to as original as I could do. The tuck & roll material across the upper portion of the rear seat had to be custom made since material doesn't come that wide. It was a beautiful tri color car with a 270 Hemi engine. I will look up a picture to post here.     Anyway, the master cylinder was a one off unit that looked like a hammer head shark; Pretty unique. I found a place back east that rebuilt my master cylinder & booster to look and work like new. I will search through old receipts to see if I can find them. Meantime, some of the Desotos and Chryslers used that same master cylinder. I also vaguely remember seeing a listing in Hemmings for older Chrylser parts in a yard down in Arizona that might be worth searching out.

I'm back.   I found the information for the people that did my master cylinder & booster for me.

White Post Restorations

One Old Car rd. (for UPS)

Post Office Drawer D (for mail)

White Post, VA     22663

540-837-1140

www.WhitePost.com

55Dodge.JPG

270Hemi.JPG

mastercyldodge1.jpg

• Like 1

More possible parts for Chrysler/Mopar:    Roberts Motor Parts Inc.

17 Prospect st.

West Newbury, MA   01985

978-363-5407

www.robertsmotorparts.com

Or perhaps:    www.antiquemopar.com