1936 Buick Model 41 - Shock absorbers and splash pans

Paul White

Hi all,

Seeking assistance in obtaining photos and or parts numbers for original rear lever shock absorbers for my South African '36. At some point it has had modern shocks fitted to the rear and I am wanting to return it to stock.

Also, wanting to confirm that the matching splash pans are only in two parts, left and right hand. I seem to recall (fading memory through age) that there was a front panel that attached at the bottom of the radiator cowl? Is this correct? if so does anyone have a photo of one?

Cheers Paul

of  

Paul,

Sorry - no photos on hand but these are the part numbers.

There is a 3rd part to the engine trays. It is only small and fits at the front and under the pulley/harmonic balancer. It bolts to the front of each side panel and from memory to the front crossmember. Near bloody impossible to put back on so most cars have it missing.

1936shocks (2).jpg

Pictures of my `36 40 series engine splash pans. Rear shocks Delco-Lovejoy left side casting R54 #1053004  stamped #1439F 2J2   Right side casting R44 #1053005 stamped #1439E 2J2 You would need the links also. Dave Tacheny may have everything you need.

DSCN5847.JPG

DSCN5848.JPG

DSCN5849.JPG

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have just purchased the splash pans from him but have gone back to him to see if he has the front section as mentioned by Stuart above

Stuart's information concerning the shocks has also helped confirmed that the same guy has the correct shocks but at $700AUS.  I bought a pair of NOS front shocks for the '36 at the Denver nationals in 2018 for $20.00

I will have to have a real think first

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2