1939 Chrysler royal

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fieldandbarnfinds/permalink/3071591506299010/?sale_post_id=3071591506299010

1939 Chrysler Royal · Coupe · Driven 46,000 miles
This car was restored in the late 80s the engine was also rebuilt at that time. It has a flathead six cylinder engine. Just put a new drive shaft built for it and had new king pins put in the front. Had carb rebuilt. I put a new brake master cylinder in it two weeks ago. This is a very solid car. The previous owner put after market gauges under the dash but I have been able to buy all the gauges that didn't work before to make it original again but haven't had the time to redo it and that's why I'm selling it. $22,000 Firm
May be an image of car, outdoors and text that says 'HHA4739'
May be an image of car and outdoors

May be an image of car

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Looking again at this vehicles photos it looks like the front turn signals are out of place. Kind of like warts on a beautiful woman's face. Are those aftermarket? 

I would think they are.  Looks like the steering column has one of those add on turn signal kits on it.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 12:16 PM, Fossil said:

Looking again at this vehicles photos it looks like the front turn signals are out of place. Kind of like warts on a beautiful woman's face. Are those aftermarket? 

Who knows what the answer is for hidden turn signals. The dang things are never pretty, but so necessary in traffic. I wonder if those horizontal bars in the front bumper are necessary or do they distract from the grille?

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Who knows what the answer is for hidden turn signals. The dang things are never pretty, but so necessary in traffic. I wonder if those horizontal bars in the front bumper are necessary or do distract from the grille?

They wouldn't be half so bad if they were offered with clear lenses rather than the bright orange.

It really is a shame that this was one year only coupe body. Growing up in the fifties, I got entirely sick of seeing the same old fat '40s Mopar bodies for so long. It really prejudiced me for life. I'm sort of ok with the '40-'42 ones, but I don't much care for post war Mopars at all. (Even though I've owned one.)

1 hour ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

George, you just want me to drive over to Woodbury and let you use it.

I'll need it every Friday starting at 5 PM beginning on Memorial Day and Ending on Halloween. You can have it on Saturdays & Sundays. Oh, BTW, a full tank of gas when you drop it off would be nice.😁

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

I'll need it every Friday starting at 5 PM beginning on Memorial Day and Ending on Halloween. You can have it on Saturdays & Sundays. Oh, BTW, a full tank of gas when you drop it off would be nice.😁

Should we include Jeff Perkins (Lakeland, MN) in our plans?

1 hour ago, George Smolinski said:

He can have it Monday through Thursday, but he needs to go in halfsies with you & keep it serviced.

Last I talked to him, he was in the process of buying a '47 or '48 New Yorker Sedan. I hope he never reads this thread, I just disparaged post war Chryslers.

6 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

It really is a shame that this was one year only coupe body. Growing up in the fifties, I got entirely sick of seeing the same old fat '40s Mopar bodies for so long. It really prejudiced me for life. I'm sort of ok with the '40-'42 ones, but I don't much care for post war Mopars at all. (Even though I've owned one.)

3 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Last I talked to him, he was in the process of buying a '47 or '48 New Yorker Sedan. I hope he never reads this thread, I just disparaged post war Chryslers.

Oh my….and I called you for advice???   😀😀😀