For Sale: 1929 Chevy Landau convertible - $12,000 - Saint-Maries, ID - Not Mine

For Sale: 1929 Chevy Landau convertible - $12,000 -  Saint-Maries, ID

1929 Chevy Landu - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

929 Chevy Landau 43,000 original miles and original interior

Copy and paste in your email:  fd2aba6fd8313b3a8caa86240c990600@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1929 Chevy Landau convertible.

'29 Chevy Landua conv WA a.jpg

'29 Chevy Landua conv WA c.jpg

'29 Chevy Landua conv WA d.jpg

'29 Chevy Landua conv WA e.jpg

'29 Chevy Landua conv WA f.jpg

'29 Chevy Landua conv WA b.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see this add not shout "rare"! While they are fairly rare, Chevrolet built a lot of these landaulets that year, and a surprising number of them survive. I wouldn't even guess how many there are in the world, but over my fifty years I have seen five of them up close! And at least another five or so pictured in magazines or for sale online.

Usually, people with these for sale want a bundle for them. IF (big IF again) this car is as nice as it appears in a few photos, and the folding top functions like it is supposed to (looks like one in the pictures, but doesn't show well?)? The price looks fair as well.

• Like 1

I've had a couple of '29 Chevy's through the years.  Both were unrestored 2-dr coachs.  They were pretty much all original except for the paint and tires.  Great cars, I wish I still had them both.  For many years I was a member of the VCCA (Vintage Chevrolet Club of America) and there was always a big debate on just how many were actually made.  For a long while the number "less then three hundred made" was bantered about by certain club members.  Usually by the people trying to sale one.  I haven't been a member of the VCCA for a few years now.  But I think they did eventually figure it out that there were a lot more then just 300 or less made.  Some time in 1929 Chevy stopped making the convertible landau sedan and cabriolet models.  Replacing them respectively with an Imperial landau sedan (minus the rear folding section and with non-folding landau arms) and a Sport Coupe with rumble seat.  Why did Chevrolet stopped making these two particular models?  To expensive, not many buyers, who knows? I doubt it was caused by the depression because the depression didn't start until late in '29 after Chevy made the decision to drop the two models, I think.🤔

If I had the storage space I would definitely be interested in this Landau!  Damn it!😟

Capt. Harley😉

Skirts are for women and not car fenders!

I've owned this one for 25 years, I sold my car in a day.  I'd have this one advertised, seems correct and reasonably priced.  The '29 Chevy had a smooth 6 cyl engine, it was a larger and all round better car than Ford.  I have no interest in this sale except to endorse it.  Good luck with the sale.  In Canada, blue body was the correct colours.  Gary

DSC00537.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Captain Harley said:

"For many years I was a member of the VCCA (Vintage Chevrolet Club of America) and there was always a big debate on just how many were actually made.  For a long while the number "less then three hundred made" was bantered about by certain club members."..."But I think they did eventually figure it out that there were a lot more then just 300 or less made.  Some time in 1929 Chevy stopped making the convertible landau sedan and cabriolet models.  Replacing them respectively with an Imperial landau sedan (minus the rear folding section and with non-folding landau arms) and a Sport Coupe with rumble seat.  Why did Chevrolet stopped making these two particular models?  To expensive, not many buyers, who knows? I doubt it was caused by the depression because the depression didn't start until late in '29 after Chevy made the decision to drop the two models, I think.

These 1929 Fisher landauette sedan bodies were shared among Chevrolet as the Landau Convertible, $715, Pontiac as the Landauet $895. and Oakland 212 landau sedan $1,375.  Each were the most expensive sedan in the line.   The folding quarters landauette sedan was an upscale style most associated with luxury cars, Cadillac had a broad choice of them.  For lower-priced makes, it was a bit of pretentiousness for those who were willing to shell out the extra.  Relatively low sales volume is the most likely the reason the style was dropped.

Photos credit to unknown on-line sources.

'29 Oakland 212 landauette sedan.jpg

'29 Pontiac landauet.jpg

• Like 1