Hudson? What Year?

• Mark Huston changed the title to Hudson? What Year?

Says "Hudson" on the valve covers, Hudson radiator in back. Some details look a lot like a friends 1915 Hudson. I suspect it is a couple years newer however. I don't offhand know when Hudson switched to a removeable head on the engine? I would suspect this car to be about 1917 or 1918.

Other than model T Fords, center-door sedans today are quite rare! They are also quite expensive to restore and require special skills not readily available. They CAN be done! And oh what a treasure this one would be if done right! This one actually looks better than the last one I saw for sale!

About fifteen years ago, I (proverbially speaking!) would have 'killed' for this car! Today, I cannot even consider another car that needs more than a couple months work to have regularly on the road. I already have about five project cars I NEED to try to get done. One nearly as desirable, and in a lot better condition. And another even more rare!

5 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Says "Hudson" on the valve covers, Hudson radiator in back. Some details look a lot like a friends 1915 Hudson. I suspect it is a couple years newer however. I don't offhand know when Hudson switched to a removeable head on the engine? I would suspect this car to be about 1917 or 1918.

Other than model T Fords, center-door sedans today are quite rare! They are also quite expensive to restore and require special skills not readily available. They CAN be done! And oh what a treasure this one would be if done right! This one actually looks better than the last one I saw for sale!

About fifteen years ago, I (proverbially speaking!) would have 'killed' for this car! Today, I cannot even consider another car that needs more than a couple months work to have regularly on the road. I already have about five project cars I NEED to try to get done. One nearly as desirable, and in a lot better condition. And another even more rare!

Wayne, to make this one more desirable to you the family wants to sell and it is located about an hour from your house.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Huston said:

Wayne, to make this one more desirable to you the family wants to sell and it is located about an hour from your house.   

Don't I wish. To be a couple million dollars richer, fifteen to twenty years younger, and in better health with a decent family that wasn't always being selfish and stupid. I am simply going to have to stick with the projects I already have. (But I really like that car's potential!)

The backgrounds do look a lot like many areas of Califunny's Northern Central Valley. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...